Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

The DJI Fly Less combo

rktman

Reaction score
Did anyone else purchase the Fly Less package? You know, the one where your batteries and multicharger disappear in a DHL black hole after clearing customs in Los Angeles a week ago? Does DHL do ground transport via Dogsled or something? I'm only 300 miles north, in the same state.

I'm having a blast flying my new FPV once a day for 10 minutes.

I've never shipped with DHL. Now I know why.

hmm, I think I ordered the same package...
I ordered mine over a week ago,and still not been shipped by DJI (can't even blame dhl/ups)
(ordered at same time as drone, which has arrived... just not batteries & motion controller)

however, its not that bad for me...
Im flying outside my front door... so I throw it up for 10 mins, leave it a short while for battery to relax, then put the battery on charge - then repeat.
the battery on the drone seems to charge pretty quickly.

manage to fly 3 times so far today (now ~5pm), hoping will get another 1, perhaps 2 in before it gets dark.

you're lucky, there're houses, power lines, people, trees, and all manner of obstacles in a typical urban setting. Any flight from home stays at 150ft AGL, so, waste of time.

Yup. Heard from DHL via email, letting me know my tracking Status: it has cleared customs in Los Angeles.

Of course in my request the customer support, I told them that I knew that already, and that had been four days and I wanted to know where it was.

Even getting two flights in, I'm having a bad day.Okay, take a deep breath, and dive into the labyrinthine torture of a big company phone tree. Augment that with the usual left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and we have a recipe for DJI having to ship another.

Remember that warehouse scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? That's probably a pretty good take on what's happened to my package!:eek:?

I’ve ordered directly from DJI several times. The last time I got the black hole syndrome. This time(fpv)I went to Bestbuy for the ac(pickup on this Sunday)and the DJI dealer in Phoenix for the extra batteries. The batteries were ordered yesterday and should be here by Friday. May not have saved any time, but I think the black hole was avoided.

Its crazy that the Props are on back order everywhere, This same nonsense happened with the Mavic 2 Enterprise and caused a lot of people to hack there Mavic 2 with Spot Lights. I thought for sure they learned there lesson for supply and demand on Props , come on DJI lets go. :(

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI FPV coming soon.

I was justing checking the DJI store (EU) , looks like almost everything is now marked as out of stock, or is 10-15 days delivery)

Ive a bad feeling this is why the rest of my order has not shipped - I cant see it coming thru anytime soon.

I guess DJI are awaiting the next re-stocking... I hope its big, otherwise , I can see it turning up and immediately been allocated to pre-existing orders.

perhaps the good news is, the dji fpv has exceeded their sales expectations, which would be good for future fpv product developments.

would be good for future fpv product developments.
Or bad for DJI. Once people get comfortable with flying fpv, they could very well see all the other fpv hardware that is available that does not completely have DJI’s name attached. There are definitely some features that this new FPV has to make it attractive, but limiting the resources for product can turn people in other directions.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I'm sorry to hear about the availability issues cropping up. As I've whined in this thread, one battery just ain't enough. Never satisfies. Always left jonesin'.

I've had a good day, got both an email from my prersonal customer agent that my package had not made it to the "service center" until yesterday, and would be delivered by end of day today.

Sounds like complete BS to me (took 6 days to get from customs to their service center, both at the airport??). However, they must have told the driver to deliver my package first, as it arrive before noon.

You know what stuff happens. They probably found it in an employee's locker, FPV batteries becoming so scarce ;)

in fairness... dji are now splitting my order (again!)
so, will send me the batteries now.
then the motion controller/foam padding when its re-stocked... and also giving me credits on the dji store for this inconvenience.

pity about the motion controller delay, as looking forward to that - but the batteries will be useful.

of course give this all a month or so, and Im sure everything will be freely available.

in fairness... dji are now splitting my order (again!)
so, will send me the batteries now.
then the motion controller/foam padding when its re-stocked... and also giving me credits on the dji store for this inconvenience.

pity about the motion controller delay, as looking forward to that - but the batteries will be useful.

of course give this all a month or so, and Im sure everything will be freely available.
I purchased the AC, FMK, motion controller and 4 extra sets of props. AC came I one package and the following day the FMK arrived. I crashed into a white pole in the middle of a snow covered field (didn’t see it while scanning the horizon pre-flight. Saw it last second during flight and tried to avoid but made contact with front left arm, destroying said arm). Filed a ticket with support and two days later received a UPS shipping label to send it to the repair centre in California. I packaged the drone up and dropped it at UPS the following day, only to receive my motion controller and spare props two hours later ?

the repair centre
Will be interesting to see how they handle these types of issues. Will they actually repair the little speed bomb or pull a box off the shelf and send you a new one? The serial number will be the answer.
(and I don’t think you are the Lone Ranger)

Will be interesting to see how they handle these types of issues. Will they actually repair the little speed bomb or pull a box off the shelf and send you a new one? The serial number will be the answer.

I think early on, people will be likely to get new units..but DJI will send crashed units out for refurbishment. (*)
so after a while DJI will have refurbished stock, which they'll start sending those out.

(the dji care , does say you'll get a refurbished unit... so now one can complain when that happens)

(*) I guess they'll make a call on which are economic to repair (e.g. a couple of broken arms) vs uneconomic (one that turns up in 100 tiny pieces ;) )

arghh, my batteries have still not been sent out by DJI, Im getting really fed up :(

Support said I would be provided with a repair estimate then given the option to pay for repairs or use one of my refresh replacements. I guess I’ll find out next week

Again, track the serial number. Even if they say they are going to do a repair, it may come back with a different number and some reason from them that the repair just wasn’t going to work out. Please keep me posted. Thanks.

Again, track the serial number. Even if they say they are going to do a repair, it may come back with a different number and some reason from them that the repair just wasn’t going to work out. Please keep me posted. Thanks.
They didn’t get my original box so I’ll cross-reference when I get the drone back. They only required the drone and controller so I cut some packing foam, that I had from my D-RTK2 tripod, to fit the controller and drone and shipped it back in a plain shipping box.

Reactions: Starz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.