Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Thinking about the avata.

MikeTX

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about adding an avata to my collection, my question is, is it better to go with the Integra Goggles or the V2 Goggles?

TIA

There are a number of really useful comparison videos on Youtube. Pros and cons to each. I have only used the V2 which came with my Avata. I think the killer feature for me with the V2 was adjustable dioptics; I have taught my kids and some friends to fly this thing and being able to adjust the focus to match their individual eyesight was a must-have feature that I do not believe is on the Integras.

Reactions: careless
I have both and love both for what they are. Integra is turn on and fly. But I like the performance of the 2 better.

I have both and love both for what they are. Integra is turn on and fly. But I like the performance of the 2 better.
I only recently learned that the Integra doesn't require hooking up to the phone first before flying. That is something that drives me nuts about the kit I bought, which has the V2's. It's just one more thing connected by a cord that I have to balance on my lap or shove awkwardly in a pocket while I fly.

I only recently learned that the Integra doesn't require hooking up to the phone first before flying. That is something that drives me nuts about the kit I bought, which has the V2's. It's just one more thing connected by a cord that I have to balance on my lap or shove awkwardly in a pocket while I fly.
I use the V2 with my fpv and never bother with connecting the phone………

After a lot of thinking about it and some help from a few people on this forum, I just got the Explorer, because of the Integra goggles.....the idea of eliminating wires really appealed too me...if you are going to do it, they are on sale now until the end of the month
There are a number of really useful comparison videos on Youtube. Pros and cons to each. I have only used the V2 which came with my Avata. I think the killer feature for me with the V2 was adjustable dioptics; I have taught my kids and some friends to fly this thing and being able to adjust the focus to match their individual eyesight was a must-have feature that I do not believe is on the Integras.
There are a lot of youtubes...about them, but if you are like me and have never had the goggles on, they get more confusing than helpful...the kit comes with one battery and the MC2 controller...the other controller, that you need for flips and stuff like that, is only about 200 dollars......from what I can gather the integra goggles are now compatible with the Mini 4 Pro...that sounds interesting...I hope I can figure out how to switch back and forth between drones

I use the V2 with my fpv and never bother with connecting the phone………
Wasn't aware that was possible. It was my understanding that after one of the recent firmware updates, you couldn't get away with this anymore. Is that not true? I'm about to go get my bird in the air and find out. I really despise having to hook up to the phone before flying.

I much prefer the V2, but yeah if you're in the US the Integra will do the remote ID thing without needing a phone.

Wasn't aware that was possible. It was my understanding that after one of the recent firmware updates, you couldn't get away with this anymore. Is that not true? I'm about to go get my bird in the air and find out. I really despise having to hook up to the phone before flying.
Honestly, if it is a recent update I can’t say. I haven’t had mine out in a while.

I have both the V2 and Goggles 2, and prefer the G2 with my Avata. Just a better screen. I did not go with the Integra bc the built in battery and non-adjustable optics. If there is a problem with the battery, you have to send in the goggles to DJI. The Integra also have smaller screen. The only plus is the built in remote id, but it is not a big deal to have a cord when the G2 have the adjustable diopters and an easily changed battery.

Diopters come with the Integra goggles but they are rounded up to whole number. My prescription is 2.75 and 1.25 With astigmatism. I ordered specific prescription from Hons Vision and to be honest I can’t tell the difference. I also pre the joystick instead of the touchscreen and the built in battery but the G2 does have the better screen view.

I can’t wait to see what the new goggles will offer

Last edited:
I ended up buying my buddies Avata. Got it with the Goggle 2s and the FPV RC 2 as well.

Reactions: SWTSU and MARK (LI)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81