Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tiny whoop issue...

baevans11

Reaction score
I have a whoop with a furious fpv acrowhoop v2 spektrum with betafpv insane motors and when I do a hard turn it does a kinda jerking/falling movement. It's almost like a motor cuts out but they are brand new. And it doesn't seem like a p or d problem it's not a fast bounce. I don't have any bounce on rolls or flips. Just when I do a hard 180 turn. I am using stock pids. Everything is brand new. Any thoughts? Thx for any help.

Reactions: Wayno52
You may want to try some of the mid speed motors, when i was using the fastest motors i had the most problems
EDIT: tiny whoop motors also wear out extremely fast

You may want to try some of the mid speed motors, when i was using the fastest motors i had the most problems
EDIT: tiny whoop motors also wear out extremely fast
Ok yeah I have some on hand so I will try them as soon as I have time this week. I've only ran maybe 25-30 packs through these but yeah I see what your saying. I'll post back. Are your pids alot higher on your whoop? If so by how much? Should I tune it the traditional way to tune a quad?

Whats the weight of your whoop? Anything over 21g is going to be HORRIBLE in performance. 19g is the sweet spot.

Whats the weight of your whoop? Anything over 21g is going to be HORRIBLE in performance. 19g is the sweet spot.
Yeah I guess it's heavy cause it weighs 22g idk how to cut any weight though maybe a different canopy. I have the betafpv blue one and I already have a big hole cut out of the back to reach the usb port. My camera is very small it's the wolfwhoop. I'm guessing the faster motors are lighter than the insane motors though.

Would there be any benefit to adding a small capacitor to a tiny whoop? I'm still learning about them and I really can't find any info about them and tiny whoops. Without esc's would they even make a difference? I've come to think my aggressive wobble on turns might be a too high i-term issue. I'm still not sure but I'm going to try and further tune this weekend. With betaflight 3.2 should I still tune in the traditional manner? Again another subject I'm having a hard time with researching. On a side note I did try the betafpv faster motors and I like the insane motors much better and still had same issues with turn/throttle drop severe wobble problems. While my whoop does weigh 21.8 grams I have no idea how to shave any weight. I'm open to suggestions. My parts list are as follows: Cockroach frame, furiousfpv acrowhoop v2 spektrum flight controller, betafpv insane motors, wolfwhoop WT05 camera (doesn't have plastic case so no luck there), betafpv 3 blade props, blue betafpv canopy (I've cutout a good portion for dipole whip antenna and usb slot to program in the field) upgraded 2.0 connector running mylipo 205's and glacier 220's. Also 3d printed camera mount. I can't find one for wolfwhoop aio camera so I had to add some hot glue to mount on sides to hold camera cause the mount is a little wide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171011-134248.jpg
    Screenshot_20171011-134248.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20170920_213047.jpg
    20170920_213047.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Well I got rid of most of the wobble by lowering my I term to the high 20s. But I thought my pids would all be higher on a whoop than a regular mini quad. Still learning how to tune but I know if the I term gets much above 30 that thing has a seizure on turns and decent. Any insight on this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam