Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Unable to bind Shuriken180 with FrSky Teranis Plus.

Youngson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying to bind the two for several days now with no joy.

The transmitter is in bind mode on D16, Channels 1-16, and chirping. On pressing the bind button and connecting the battery on the Shuriken, I have a solid green LED, a flashing red LED, and flashing blue LED, with no bind. I have disconnected and reconnected power to the Shuriken after the attempted bind.

Is this a firmware mismatch between transmitter an receiver?

Comments and suggestions gratefully recieved!

Regards
Andy

Hi @Youngson, welcome to the forum. You don't say what kind of RX but it sounds like it is a R-XSR from the LED's. When you apply power after the bind attempt and the TX is no longer in bind mode, what LED's are lit and what is flashing and what is solid on? If the red is solid it means a firmware mismatch, if the blue is not on solid then it is in the NON SBus mode (PPM i think). Let us know.

Hello@HighTechPauper, thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, I believe the Rx is the R-XSR. Lights on after the attempted bind are solid green, flashing red, and flashing blue.

Do I need to check that there is not a PPM checked on the TX (will this then default to the Sbus mode, or is there a selection for this mode?)

Thanks again & regards

Ok, this used to be simpler, but with the new ACCESS protocol available on the newest radios there could be some issue causing this. Currently there is no explanation as to why the blue and red would be flashing, but if things were good you would have a solid green and blue while the TX is turned on and the correct model selected, and the red would either be on or flashing (not positive which) when the radio is turned off and signal is lost.

So exactly what radio do you have? Is it the old X9D Plus that says ACCST on the bottom right side of the display, or is it a new "2019" version that has ACCESS on the display?

My guess right now is that the radio is the original ACCST (not the 2019 version with ACCESS) and that the R-XSR may have ACCESS firmware on it, but I certainly can't be sure.

I think your best bet is to flash the latest firmware onto the R-XSR for the protocol your radio is using (either ACCST or ACCESS) and give it another try.
You also may want to check what firmware rev is on the radio (long press menu button, then hit page button till you get to the last screen which I think is 7 of 7)

Reactions: Wayno52
Hi, it’s the older Tx with ACCST on the bottom left of the screen.

On page 4, I found the Version: opentx-x9dp-v2.0.9.2, with the date of 2014-10-28. The EEPR being 216.

Will I need to flash both the Tx and the Rx?

Many thanks

That may be your problem, that Taranis firmware is really really old, you will want to update the TX and try again to bind. If you have never done this, it may help to have someone who has done it before. Where are you in the world?

I’m in Derby, England. I think I’ll have to resort to YouTube and visit the Frsky website for the update, or see if theres

A friend says, why not put the Tx on fleabay, and get a QX7?

While selling and buying again is an option, it could be cost prohibitive to do so. I will send you a PM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion