Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What FPV goggles To Get?!!!! Help

Erock

Reaction score
New to FPV but not rc so kinda know some stuff, but..... 😂 My AcroBee 65 is awesome and can't wait to try the eachine novice V2. I don't have any FPV goggles that can record, I know I can get some cheap ones eachine dr800 and few others ,they will probably work with both drones but I'm thinking I should save up and maybe just get the DjI's with the analog patch. I know I'm going to be buying more drones and I don't want to have to buy more goggles as I'll have two sets from these beginner kits I won't be using other than for guests. cost really isn't an issue but I have no idea what to get. I thought maybe I could get some better antennas for my current goggles in the kit but people say it's the module and better goggles is what I need so far.

My first set were box, EV800D's, they were cheap around $80. Worked fine but you'll outgrow them. I use those for guests or the work bench now. But when I just started I didn't want to invest a lot of money for a hobby I didn't know if I'd enjoy. You'll get a lot of different feedback on the different types out there. Best shot, try to get to a drone/fpv store and actually try on the different ones. It's a lot better than online and you'll receive, usually, better feedback from the sales people on the cons and pros of the various models.

Oops! Sorry. Forgot to tell you the ones I now use are the Skyzone 04x's. After reviewing the market, took me about 2 months to pull the trigger, I took a shot at them and extremely happy with them. Night and day from the box goggles but also a hefty chuck of change.

I like my skyzone Cobra X's. It's a box goggle... but a really good one with a good DVR.

Thanks so much unfortunately where I live here in Western New York I haven't found an fpv shop yet, thanks souch I can't wait for more people to chime in

New to FPV but not rc so kinda know some stuff, but..... 😂 My AcroBee 65 is awesome and can't wait to try the eachine novice V2. I don't have any FPV goggles that can record, I know I can get some cheap ones eachine dr800 and few others ,they will probably work with both drones but I'm thinking I should save up and maybe just get the DjI's with the analog patch. I know I'm going to be buying more drones and I don't want to have to buy more goggles as I'll have two sets from these beginner kits I won't be using other than for guests. cost really isn't an issue but I have no idea what to get. I thought maybe I could get some better antennas for my current goggles in the kit but people say it's the module and better goggles is what I need so far.
For analog you cant beat the SkyZone 04X, much better than dji with the analog mod. And if you do want to upgrade to digital (which is absolutely fantastic) then dji is the way to go. Check out the YouTube video that Justin Davis made about the best analog goggles of 2021 or maybe 2022, he talks in detail about what you’re asking.

My first set were box, EV800D's, they were cheap around $80. Worked fine but you'll outgrow them. I use those for guests or the work bench now. But when I just started I didn't want to invest a lot of money for a hobby I didn't know if I'd enjoy. You'll get a lot of different feedback on the different types out there. Best shot, try to get to a drone/fpv store and actually try on the different ones. It's a lot better than online and you'll receive, usually, better feedback from the sales people on the cons and pros of the various models.
You cant beat the SkyZone 04X for analog, I purchased both the 04Xs and the Fatshark v3, absolutely the 04X goggles are the supreme, now if want to upgrade to digital then dji is the way to go, digital is awesome, its like night and day difference. Justin Davis has a YouTube video on the best goggles of 2021 or 2022, and he goes in detail of what you’re asking.

Cheap out and went eachine dm800 V2 the new one , definitely going to save for some sky zones but first I want to full digital system.

Reactions: AngryPepper
Cheap out and went eachine dm800 V2 the new one , definitely going to save for some sky zones but first I want to full digital system.
That’s exactly what I have, a pair of SkyZone 04X for my anolog quads, and the version 2 DJI for the few digital quads. As far as I’m concerned, you can’t beat those two, if I had a choice I’d fly only digital, but it would cost me a lot to swap over everything over to dig., I absolutely love my DJI goggles and the crisp clear, and clean picture that you get, oh and also the range and penetration is so much better than anolog.

I know I'm saving my pennies right now for a digital build. Quick question I put my novice three into the dirt and one of the motor bells has a tiny flat spot in it the motor still spins and it's still flies fine you can just slightly hear it will this damage my ESC or will the motor just poop out eventually can I still fly until I get my other motors?

I know I'm saving my pennies right now for a digital build. Quick question I put my novice three into the dirt and one of the motor bells has a tiny flat spot in it the motor still spins and it's still flies fine you can just slightly hear it will this damage my ESC or will the motor just poop out eventually can I still fly until I get my other motors?
If after your flight and that motor isn’t any hotter than the other 3 , I’d say your o.k, but if that motor is much hotter, then you may either blow the motor or the ESC, and if you’re using a 4 in 1 ESC then you would kill all 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax