Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What happened here?

grandzab

Reaction score
Flying the DJI Avata in full Acro mode. Steep turning back to where I came from while climbing. Keeping it smooth on the control, the quad flips over. Gusty day.
Saved by the “panic” button great feature!
Not my first time flying FPV, not a pro either.

Really curious to understand what happened, thanks!

Seems you were going pretty hard on the power so likely just ran out of thrust margin. Pretty easy to do on those small ducted prop quads, there just isn't as much reserve to power through a prop sucking in turbulent air, a hard maneuver etc as on a big quad.
One of the reasons I got rid of my previous cinewhoop style quad (besides the ridiculously short flight time) was precisely that on moves I like to do it'd frequently do that. Haven't had the issue with the avata yet.

What you can do is reduce throttle during the 180 and bring it back afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: grandzab
And remember this is a tinywhoop (with a killer flight camera, doubling as a cinewhoop). Thr lever arm for each of those props is short, greatly reducing the torque each prop can exert during attitude changes compared to the DJI FPV, and the motors are less powerful.

Expect it to get thrown around at altitude like that. Don't think I'll be taking it up to 300ft like that often, after I get it. That's what the DJI FPV and my camera drones are for.

Reactions: grandzab and Kilrah
Actually, this is a now well documented issue with the flight controller of the Avata. Watch Mads Tech for more info.

Reactions: Barbara

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput