Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Whoop frustration

albertly

Reaction score
First, I bought Emax Tinyhawk II Indoor Kit.

It was real fun to fly.

However, after a while (a few days), it stopped to work.

No visible damage.

It wasn’t able to bind. I flashed firmware, did everything I could – no avail.

It didn’t bind to its native radio and didn’t bind to RadioMaster TX16S

I think, onboard Frsky Receiver was broken. The video signal was Ok.

I returned the drone to the seller.

Second, I bought Happymodel Mobula 6 19000KV Frsky.

It was real fun to fly.

However, after a while (a few days), it stopped to work.

No visible damage.

When powered on – no lights were on.

A powering via USB – the same thing – no lights.

Betaflight didn’t recognize the drone connected to PC. Cannot flash firmware. The quad is completely unfunctional.

However, the part of FC where is USB and power connector gets very, very hot (when a battery connected or connected via USB).

I think, FC or something on the board somehow is broken.

Is it just my bad luck or it is common situation with all small whoops?

That is unusual that you would get 2 tinywhoops and have those results. I have only own 3 tiny whoops and one small "freestyle". 2 emax products and 2 geprc products. I have put these things through hell and they keep working. Just lost rx midflight on my freestyle (was way higher than I should have been anyway totally my fault) while range testing and it free fell from several hundred feet straight to the black top and rolled into some dirt. The top plate was smashed, the motors wouldn't spin, and the fc mounts were 3 of 4 broken. I carefully cleaned the boards and reinstalled the screws, and disassembled and cleaned the motors while I 3d printed a new top plate. Slapped it all together and it Flys better than new. Didn't even have to re bind or anything. Do you live directly on the beach? or a cat that get mad when you leave and maybe pees on it? Lol Or have any other unusual activities with other electronics in the home? Maybe the USB cable is shorting the drone somehow? Just strange. Don't give up if you like the hobby

No paranormal activities in my house so far ( I have 2 other drones, not FPV, but camera-drones, they are good (touch wood)).
I think it's a cat. :)

That is unusual that you would get 2 tinywhoops and have those results. I have only own 3 tiny whoops and one small "freestyle". 2 emax products and 2 geprc products. I have put these things through hell and they keep working. Just lost rx midflight on my freestyle (was way higher than I should have been anyway totally my fault) while range testing and it free fell from several hundred feet straight to the black top and rolled into some dirt. The top plate was smashed, the motors wouldn't spin, and the fc mounts were 3 of 4 broken. I carefully cleaned the boards and reinstalled the screws, and disassembled and cleaned the motors while I 3d printed a new top plate. Slapped it all together and it Flys better than new. Didn't even have to re bind or anything. Do you live directly on the beach? or a cat that get mad when you leave and maybe pees on it? Lol Or have any other unusual activities with other electronics in the home? Maybe the USB cable is shorting the drone somehow? Just strange. Don't give up if you like the hobby
Sound like you have a short. Hard to tell without actually looking at the quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax