Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Why are my Avata Video limited to 3min 45sec?

Off topic slightly but I just re-discovered DJI Osmo Pocket chopped files (in this case) at 5m 26s and roughly 4,090,522,943 bytes. My largest drone video not with the Mavic 3 is with a Mavic Mini but it is just 3,622,055,450 bytes. I was looking for MOV files before but some are MOV and some are MP4.

I am positive I once knew about the Osmo Pocket chopping up the files because (now) I remember pasting them back together. The Pocket was my second camera when I recorded The Wee Heavies at NTIF and I had two video tracks that I switched between in the final cut.

Thanks for your input. On another subject, I see you have a Smug Mug presence. I have photos on Flickr. Flickr is owned by Smug Mug. Do you happen to know why thees sites are separate. Given a little spare time, I'll spend more time looking at your photos. You are a Canon shooter and I shoot with a Sony A7 III and an A7 IV.
Smug Mug bought Flickr (I'm getting all this third / fourth hand via Wikipedia etc so... beware). I'm recently retired (programmer) and started trying to figure out what to do with my photography. I went back to Naturescapes ... I highly recommend that site if you are a nature / bird photographer. All those that seem to participate on that site had a Flickr presence so I looked at Flickr and even sent them an email asking more or less what you just asked. (I have a dormant account there too). For what I hope to do (but haven't achieved yet), Smug Mug was a better fit for me. Smug Mug has hooks so you can sell your images, etc. Flickr wants to be (please don't quote me on this but as I recall) more of a social site where photographers collaborate.

But, don't take it from me. As I said, I sent them an email and got back a really nice reply. Both sites have treated me very well. So... go talk directly to the horse's mouth rather than .. ehh... me 🤣

I shoot Canon. I had a Sony something A7r II ? But never spent enough quality time with it to learn its menus and feel comfortable with it. I started with the Canon 1V in 2002 (the last pro Canon film camera), moved to the 1D and 1Ds in 2003 and been 99% with Canon. Now I have the R5 and R5C.

I had a super sweet Leica 28mm manual lens for the Sony and did a tiny bit of street photography briefly. That's about all I achieved with the Sony.

Thanks for your input. On another subject, I see you have a Smug Mug presence. I have photos on Flickr. Flickr is owned by Smug Mug. Do you happen to know why thees sites are separate. Given a little spare time, I'll spend more time looking at your photos. You are a Canon shooter and I shoot with a Sony A7 III and an A7 IV.
Flickr has gone through so many owners...My first account with then they were owned by Yahoo, then sold to Verizon, now Smugmug...follow the bouncing ball...;o)

Reactions: Kilrah
Flickr has gone through so many owners...My first account with then they were owned by Yahoo, then sold to Verizon, now Smugmug...follow the bouncing ball...;o)
Same. Can't say much has changed in quite a while though :)

1664394111094.png

Smug Mug bought Flickr (I'm getting all this third / fourth hand via Wikipedia etc so... beware). I'm recently retired (programmer) and started trying to figure out what to do with my photography. I went back to Naturescapes ... I highly recommend that site if you are a nature / bird photographer. All those that seem to participate on that site had a Flickr presence so I looked at Flickr and even sent them an email asking more or less what you just asked. (I have a dormant account there too). For what I hope to do (but haven't achieved yet), Smug Mug was a better fit for me. Smug Mug has hooks so you can sell your images, etc. Flickr wants to be (please don't quote me on this but as I recall) more of a social site where photographers collaborate.

But, don't take it from me. As I said, I sent them an email and got back a really nice reply. Both sites have treated me very well. So... go talk directly to the horse's mouth rather than .. ehh... me 🤣

I shoot Canon. I had a Sony something A7r II ? But never spent enough quality time with it to learn its menus and feel comfortable with it. I started with the Canon 1V in 2002 (the last pro Canon film camera), moved to the 1D and 1Ds in 2003 and been 99% with Canon. Now I have the R5 and R5C.

I had a super sweet Leica 28mm manual lens for the Sony and did a tiny bit of street photography briefly. That's about all I achieved with the Sony.
I'm pretty new to photography at just over 2 years. I have a Flickr Pro account because of the way they display photos, which is to say that they don't screw with them. My Albums listing is here.

Well ****, that sucks. All this technology and can't record over 4 minutes? Now I know the moon landing was a hoax.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya