Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

I am a huge Nanuk fan, too (11 of them for cameras/cine gear/weapons and multirotors) but the B&W case's accommodation for mounted props on the DJI FPV is a winner.
According to the B&W website there’s a dealer 2.5 hours from me. I checked out their website but found nothing about cases. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Are you located in North America? If so, where did you order your case?

If you don’t mind I’d appreciate your feedback when you receive the case. Looking to purchase a hard case in the next month.
I am, and I ordered it from MC directly. I have one of their compact cases for my Air 2, and it's of super high quality.

Will post about the thing when I get it.

What I liked about the design was I holds a ton and can hold the copter with props on, so it's easy to just open it up and start flying.

Reactions: Halifax
I don't know, none of the hard cases shown here from PGYTech or GPC look like they hold a candle to the way this B&W International case is designed to hold the FPV with props on, more efficient use of space etc. the problem is it isn't readily available in the USA and the stores that do offer it as an import it is very expensive... but seeing this ruins me on the other cases, I feel like they were rushed and not thought through:
This is a nice design too, but no better than the MC unit I ordered for quite a bit more $$$. I dig the blue interior thought a lot...

If I'll spend $300 on two batteries and a convenient charging hub, I'll spend nearly that without a sweat (I can cut back elsewhere... no doordash for a month or two ? ) on a case to haul it all around safely and conveniently.

Wonder if we could organize a group buy or something on the B&W case?

FYI, My MC hard case shipped this morning to Cali from Deutschland... no DHL delivery estimate yet, but I will keep the thread posted when it arrives.

Custom Cases sells the B&W type 6000 case for $118 in the US. I've contacted them to see if they can get the FPV insert, and how much for the whole shebang. Also mentioned there were probably some additional sales here if they can put together a decent quote.

I am, and I ordered it from MC directly. I have one of their compact cases for my Air 2, and it's of super high quality.

What I liked about the design was I holds a ton and can hold the copter with props on, so it's easy to just open it up and start flying.
I like the design as well. I LOVE my Nanuk cases but only holding 3 batteries (including drone) is a deal breaker for me.

I bit the bullet and ordered a case from OmniView Tech in Toronto. They have 2 case options. Both are Nanuk cases with custom foam from Foama. The Nanuk 945 carries 5 batteries and props on. The Nanuk 930 carries 3 batteries and props off.

Here’s a link to the case I ordered (Nanuk 945):

Here’s a link to the smaller Nanuk 930:

I bit the bullet and ordered a case from OmniView Tech in Toronto. They have 2 case options. Both are Nanuk cases with custom foam from Foama. The Nanuk 945 carries 5 batteries and props on. The Nanuk 930 carries 3 batteries and props off.

Here’s a link to the case I ordered (Nanuk 945):

Here’s a link to the smaller Nanuk 930:

I like what they did to keep props enabled, but it does chew up a lot of space.

No room for the motion controller in here makes it a deal breaker for me though.

And that's pricey compared to the MC-case and even the B&W, I think...

No room for the motion controller in here makes it a deal breaker for me though.

It appears, to me, that in the Nanuk 945 there’s a spot for the motion controller directly behind the drone.

I couldn’t find pricing on the B&W but for me to order the MC-Cases option direct from Germany was $342CDN + 5% import tax bringing it to $359CDN, the same price as the Nanuk 945 from OVT. The only difference is I will have to pay 5% GST on the purchase from OVT, which I will claim on my quarterly filing anyway.

It appears, to me, that in the Nanuk 945 there’s a spot for the motion controller directly behind the drone.

I couldn’t find pricing on the B&W but for me to order the MC-Cases option direct from Germany was $342CDN + 5% import tax bringing it to $359CDN, the same price as the Nanuk 945 from OVT. The only difference is I will have to pay 5% GST on the purchase from OVT, which I will claim on my quarterly filing anyway.
You may be right about that motion controller.

The MC-Cases one turns out about US$20 cheaper for me than this would be, FWIW...

You may be right about that motion controller.

The MC-Cases one turns out about US$20 cheaper for me than this would be, FWIW...
Understandable. Taxation varies for sure!

Even if this one was a small premium to the MC-Cases option, I still would’ve went this route primarily because I know what I’m getting in a Nanuk case being that I have 4 already

Understandable. Taxation varies for sure!

Even if this one was a small premium to the MC-Cases option, I still would’ve went this route primarily because I know what I’m getting in a Nanuk case being that I have 4 already
Makes sense. Sure looks solid. (I'm in the same boat from MC in that I have one for my Air 2...)

Makes sense. Sure looks solid. (I'm in the same boat from MC in that I have one for my Air 2...)
I almost went the route of MC-Cases on my first drone (M2) but couldn’t justify the additional cost. I paid $110CDN for the Nanuk 920 and the comparable MC-Cases was ~$280CDN at the time.

If you're handy and cheap... Like myself... What I like about my idea over all the others is that you can keep everything on the drone, controller and goggles. In fact, now that I have a Fat Strap, I don't even need to plug in the goggle's battery. I just leave it in the holder on the strap. Now if my stupid corrective lenses would get here, all of my problems would be solved... other than learning to fly manual, that is... Hahaha!

Fat Strap?? elaborate please

So how much is that case delivered to the US?

Yes it does seem way expensive, but I think it would hold the drone with the arm braces attached.

Reactions: gizmoboy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster