Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

Yes I saw that but doesn't look to be a major modification..

I probably wouldn't spend $359 for a case anyway, its a nice one but YEOWZA its pricy. The Nanuk case for my MA2 was only $110 USD. Not sure what I'm going to do just yet.
It’s $359CDN (~285USD). For comparison, the MA2 case is a Nanuk 915 which measures 13.8 × 9.3 × 6.2” (Interior) and the FPV case is a Nanuk 945 which measures 22 × 17 × 8.2” (Interior). Quite a sizeable difference, excuse the pun. The Nanuk 945 requires ~2.57x the amount of resin and ~3.85x the amount of foam required for the Nanuk 915 at ~2.59x the price. I think it’s price comparably. However, it’s a case produced by one manufacturer with a custom foam insert from a separate manufacturer, being sold by an entirely different vendor. 3 involved parties certainly doesn’t help the cost ?

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
It’s $359CDN (~285USD). For comparison, the MA2 case is a Nanuk 915 which measures 13.8 × 9.3 × 6.2” (Interior) and the FPV case is a Nanuk 945 which measures 22 × 17 × 8.2” (Interior). Quite a sizeable difference, excuse the pun. The Nanuk 945 requires ~2.57x the amount of resin and ~3.85x the amount of foam required for the Nanuk 915 at ~2.59x the price. I think it’s price comparably. However, it’s a case produced by one manufacturer with a custom foam insert from a separate manufacturer, being sold by an entirely different vendor. 3 involved parties certainly doesn’t help the cost ?
Nanuk also has a 925 case for the FPV @ $185 US, however it requires removing the props to store.

For now I'm just going to use the Range bag I'm using and give the world some time to come up with some hard cases and actually get them out on the market, and then I'll decide! Definitely wanting one that will leave the props on when stored, I don't think I want to take them off , put them on all the time. Will have to see what becomes available, and I don't do pre orders...

I was going to order the mc-cases dji fpv backpack, but its pushed back to end-may delivery...
so not much point in pre-ordering, in 2 months, Im sure there will be many more options.

Reactions: A.O.
That’s correct. I looked at that one initially but it was a deal breaker for me since it only holds 3 batteries.
And it just came available and in stock, and the price went up to $199 US.. I'll wait....

And yes, three batteries was fine with my MA2, not so much with this guy. I already have 2 and 2 more on the way.

I don't know, none of the hard cases shown here from PGYTech or GPC look like they hold a candle to the way this B&W International case is designed to hold the FPV with props on, more efficient use of space etc. the problem is it isn't readily available in the USA and the stores that do offer it as an import it is very expensive... but seeing this ruins me on the other cases, I feel like they were rushed and not thought through:
Yeah, this is a very well thought out case, not sure on the motion controller though...

I'm leaning heavily towards that B&W case, I like the way you can leave the props on and they are inset in the foam and protected. According to chatter the motion controller will fit almost perfectly into a battery hole.

I'm leaning heavily towards that B&W case, I like the way you can leave the props on and they are inset in the foam and protected. According to chatter the motion controller will fit almost perfectly into a battery hole.
I like the B&W case but it's a pain to get. I called several distributors, only one can get it but they wanted about $285.

I like the B&W case but it's a pain to get. I called several distributors, only one can get it but they wanted about $285.
Maybe after this initial rush and things settle down they will be more available

BTW the GPC case is in shock on Amazon with Prime shipping for $200. Not my first choice because the props need to be removed but a solid case.

Reactions: A.O.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebchopra