Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

I’m thinking it would, but you’d likely need a small modification to the foam due to the step in height between the front and rear arms
Yes I saw that but doesn't look to be a major modification..

I probably wouldn't spend $359 for a case anyway, its a nice one but YEOWZA its pricy. The Nanuk case for my MA2 was only $110 USD. Not sure what I'm going to do just yet.

Now my spare batteries are here, time to think about hiking .... need to decide if this old camera rucksack is big enough ... it’s a bit tight.

Attachments

• 7731171C-F98D-46AB-BB0D-9343DD0C2823.jpeg
    7731171C-F98D-46AB-BB0D-9343DD0C2823.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
MC's aren't cheap, and this is a big one. All of these big waterproof hard cases look to be pretty spendy. I had to justify it in my mind as protecting an even more expensive buy.

Now my spare batteries are here, time to think about hiking .... need to decide if this old camera rucksack is big enough ... it’s a bit tight.
Looks OK if you keep the hiking pretty sedate, depending on where the batteries go. they're pretty heavy and it looks like you'd need to stack them "above" the drone arms, goggles, and controller.

MC's aren't cheap, and this is a big one. All of these big waterproof hard cases look to be pretty spendy. I had to justify it in my mind as protecting an even more expensive buy.
Yeah, I understand all that, still not sure what I'm going to do...

Looks OK if you keep the hiking pretty sedate, depending on where the batteries go. they're pretty heavy and it looks like you'd need to stack them "above" the drone arms, goggles, and controller.
I would definitely want those heavy batteries below everything else, I wonder if he can reconfigure the bag??

If you're handy and cheap... Like myself... What I like about my idea over all the others is that you can keep everything on the drone, controller and goggles. In fact, now that I have a Fat Strap, I don't even need to plug in the goggle's battery. I just leave it in the holder on the strap. Now if my stupid corrective lenses would get here, all of my problems would be solved... other than learning to fly manual, that is... Hahaha!

I like the set up I may do the same...
So a couple questions for you. Why do you have your phone attached to the controller? And your fat strap, how do you like it and how well does it work without the strap over the top of your head?
And I see you like throwing knives.. cool.

I think what i can do is, put the props (in box) in the front of the rucksack.
then the 2 spare batteries can go either side of the googles.

or perhaps get the remote on one side, and the batteries on the other,
this would give a little more vertical space for the drone.

yeah, the hiking would be fairly local, and no where Im going to fall...
so its mostly a convienient way to carry the drone kit.

longer hikes Id need to think a bit more about, I guess Id need use one of my larger rucksacks.
then perhaps have a container that could be put inside that rucksack.
(I saw someone on youtube use the original packing which was neat... but I think a little bulky)

Yeah, I understand all that, still not sure what I'm going to do...
Understood. I had more than a little mental arm-wrestling to get over the hump on this. No legit cheaper options that let me keep the props on though... and ultimately, carrying all this around is too much of a PITA without some kind of case.

Reactions: A.O.
Understood. I had more than a little mental arm-wrestling to get over the hump on this. No legit cheaper options that let me keep the props on though... and ultimately, carrying all this around is too much of a PITA without some kind of case.
I was looking at that harbor freight one in post #4 , I might do that , at least temporarily. And if it works out ok, maybe permanently. I don't really take it anywhere just a secure place to store it at home.
If I were to start taking it places I might opt for a better one, I would rather send my available cash on more batteries and a motion controller right now.

I like the set up I may do the same...
So a couple questions for you. Why do you have your phone attached to the controller? And your fat strap, how do you like it and how well does it work without the strap over the top of your head?
And I see you like throwing knives.. cool.
I liked starting out on my phone when I first got the drone, not so much anymore. Now that I have my corrective lenses inserts, I'm way happier with the goggles. I like the FatStrap and it works well. I like wearing hats and I love leaving the battery in the strap. I'm all about run and gun. Everything is ready to go right out of the case. Yea I have tons of knives... I'm weird...

I was looking at that harbor freight one in post #4 , I might do that , at least temporarily. And if it works out ok, maybe permanently. I don't really take it anywhere just a secure place to store it at home.
If I were to start taking it places I might opt for a better one, I would rather send my available cash on more batteries and a motion controller right now.
BTW once you've picked your foam, hose it down with Plastic Dip. The thing with these these types of cases is the foam tends to deteriorate quickly. The plastic dip puts a stop to it and is flexible. I purchased this case with the intention of replacing it once the major manufacturers started shipping. Unless I buy more batteries... which is a definite possibility, I'll stick with this case.

So I'm probably wanting a "good" case with the precuts in it but there aren't many around just yet. Going to go visit my kids in Austin for Easter and they want me to bring the drone so I'm pressed into finding a way to carry it all. Got one of my range bags and it seems to fit the bill at least temporarily , lots of pockets and the magazine pockets work well for cordage, have a look.

IMG_5254.JPGIMG_5246.JPGIMG_5248.JPGIMG_5250.JPGIMG_5251.JPG

Reactions: Halifax
So I'm probably wanting a "good" case with the precuts in it but there aren't many around just yet. Going to go visit my kids in Austin for Easter and they want me to bring the drone so I'm pressed into finding a way to carry it all. Got one of my range bags and it seems to fit the bill at least temporarily , lots of pockets and the magazine pockets work well for cordage, have a look.

View attachment 5096View attachment 5097View attachment 5098View attachment 5099View attachment 5100
Do you still have the foam that came in the box? It might work well in this situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster