Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

BTW the GPC case is in shock on Amazon with Prime shipping for $200. Not my first choice because the props need to be removed but a solid case.
I am pretty sure at this point I will not get something that requires me to disassemble and assemble every time, props or sticks!

I am pretty sure at this point I will not get something that requires me to disassemble and assemble every time, props or sticks!
No argument from me! I had the GPC case on order and canceled it because 1. you have to remove the props, 2. there's no room for more batteries and 3. there's no room for the braces. I could kinda live with #1 but #2 and 3 are non starters because even with camera drones I've required more batteries. You barely get 10 minutes on a battery with this drone. Besides, I really like the idea of the braces.

That's why I'm leaning towards MC Cases. The other option might be buying another Harbor Freight Case for about $20 and carrying the extra batteries in that. Hmmm... might be a good solution since I'll get the extras with a Fly More Combo that comes with the multi charger and add the car battery charger. That's a lot of stuff to cram into one case anyway.

After the Mavic Mini propeller problems in its case, I now always remove mine. ?‍♂️

Got my case from MC today. A couple of Pics are attached. Including my current gear packed into it.

Pretty much exactly as advertised on their site. Their cases are really well put together.

One thing I will say... I got the impression that the molded foam in the Nanuk might be a closed-cell kind that might last longer.

Also came with a tiny bag of gummy bears!

LMK if you have any questions...

Attachments

• IMG_1193.jpeg
    IMG_1193.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
Got my case from MC today. A couple of Pics are attached. Including my current gear packed into it.

Pretty much exactly as advertised on their site. Their cases are really well put together.

One thing I will say... I got the impression that the molded foam in the Nanuk might be a closed-cell kind that might last longer.

Hey Gizmo, thanks for posting the pics! I am a big supporter of MC-Cases since I like the guys who work there. I have one of theirs for the MA2/SC/HD Goggles combo and it is exactly the same size/depth as the FPV case which you have.

With that said, I am not a fan of their foam to be honest. It is flimsy and mine started deteriorating with use (3 months). Secondly their plastic is the flimsiest out of all of the case manufacturers mentioned here. The only thing that they do well is the layout, and yet I don’t find their compartments snug enough, but that goes back to the quality of foam. They absolutely win the layout marks and are worth every penny for that alone.

As much as I love the MC-Cases guys, the Nanuk 945 is USD $295 TOTAL (shipped); plus I love that the props are protected in the 945. However this is a custom designed Nanuk 945 so the credit doesn’t belong to Nanuk but to OmniTech guys. Nanuk pretty much dropped the ball with the 925 props-off case trash.

Last edited:
Secondly their plastic is the flimsiest out of all of the case manufacturers mentioned here.
Interesting. I have purchased more than a half dozen mc cases in the last three years and still have almost that many in my possession.
Not one has any evidence of a foam problem. In regards to the structural integrity of the plastic, based on the few nanuks that I have had my hands on through some used package deals that I have run across, I’d take an mc any day.
I guess that’s what makes the world go round!

Reactions: A.O. and Sayenah
Interesting. I have purchased more than a half dozen mc cases in the last three years and still have almost that many in my possession.
Not one has any evidence of a foam problem. In regards to the structural integrity of the plastic, based on the few nanuks that I have had my hands on through some used package deals that I have run across, I’d take an mc any day.
I guess that’s what makes the world go round!
I have only two MCs so my experience is not as much as yours, but I hated the foam in the recent MA2/Goggles case. The MC case I had for my Mavic Pro is still fantastic after years of (ab)use. I can tell you that the plastic in that isn’t as bend-y as well, and feels more substantial, more confidence inspiring than the MA2 case. I guess I am just raw at how drastic the difference is in quality over purchases made just two years apart.

Also, their clips/clasps are noticeably worse in my MA2/Goggles case. In fact out of PGYTECH, Nanuk and MC cases I have owned and tried, MC has the loosest clips on their case.

Entirely possible that since mine was a somewhat custom unit (how many people would order a MA2 with Smart Controller and officially incompatible goggles?) that they cut some corners to keep the price reasonable. I don’t know, and I can’t say. I can just give comparison that I can personally attest to; if one is paying for shipping from Germany and paying the “imported case premium” than might as well go with Nanuk or some other manufacturer. However I am just one data point. Again, keep in mind that we aren’t exactly planning to survive through apocalypse with these cases, and every one of them is extremely capable in their own way.

If the socket layout in the Nano was better, I might consider it, but the storage in the MC is really excellent.

Reactions: Sayenah
Sorry, can’t answer for anything past the mavic2 series cases.
The original Mavic air case is fine, so maybe they have changed their production.

If the socket layout in the Nano was better, I might consider it, but the storage in the MC is really excellent.
Absolutely, the layout is brilliant in the MC. This is consistent about their cases; they make brilliant use of space!

My Nanuk 945 with the Foama insert from OmniView Tech is on the way, schedule to arrive April 7th. Once I get it I’ll post pics and let you know what the foam is like.

My DJI FPV shipped from the repair centre in California yesterday but it isn’t due to arrive until April 13th so I won’t have pics with the drone until then.

FYI they’re shipping me a new drone. What I thought was just a broken sensor bracket, arm shell and some paint marks from the prop actually turned out to be a damaged GPS, damaged motor housing and damaged landing gear as well. I cross referenced S/N to confirm it’s a complete replacement.

I have only two MCs so my experience is not as much as yours, but I hated the foam in the recent MA2/Goggles case. The MC case I had for my Mavic Pro is still fantastic after years of (ab)use. I can tell you that the plastic in that isn’t as bend-y as well, and feels more substantial, more confidence inspiring than the MA2 case. I guess I am just raw at how drastic the difference is in quality over purchases made just two years apart.

Also, their clips/clasps are noticeably worse in my MA2/Goggles case. In fact out of PGYTECH, Nanuk and MC cases I have owned and tried, MC has the loosest clips on their case.

Entirely possible that since mine was a somewhat custom unit (how many people would order a MA2 with Smart Controller and officially incompatible goggles?) that they cut some corners to keep the price reasonable. I don’t know, and I can’t say. I can just give comparison that I can personally attest to; if one is paying for shipping from Germany and paying the “imported case premium” than might as well go with Nanuk or some other manufacturer. However I am just one data point. Again, keep in mind that we aren’t exactly planning to survive through apocalypse with these cases, and every one of them is extremely capable in their own way.
I have no experience with the other 2 brands you listed, but I’m extremely pleased with the quality of the “Powerclaw” latch system Nanuk uses. From my understanding the factory cases that came with my M300 are made by pelican, and while the cases themselves seem to be of high quality, the latches don’t even compare to Nanuk.

My Nanuk 945 with the Foama insert from OmniView Tech is on the way, schedule to arrive April 7th. Once I get it I’ll post pics and let you know what the foam is like.

My DJI FPV shipped from the repair centre in California yesterday but it isn’t due to arrive until April 13th so I won’t have pics with the drone until then.

FYI they’re shipping me a new drone. What I thought was just a broken sensor bracket, arm shell and some paint marks from the prop actually turned out to be a damaged GPS, damaged motor housing and damaged landing gear as well. I cross referenced S/N to confirm it’s a complete replacement.
I have it on order as well, but yes, absolutely looking forward to your pictures. I spoke to the gents at OmniTech and they say the foam is close packed. I also had them confirm that the section for the motion controller exists and the case closed with a motion controller stored in it. Mine is likely to be delayed by a couple of weeks as I requested the yellow color instead of the black 945 they were offering, but I will be using the DJI Goggles Fly More Bag to carry the drone around in the meantime.

really well done layout by foama; I love that the props don’t stick above the case line. Also the B&W case required manually aligning the props EACH TIME.

I have it on order as well, but yes, absolutely looking forward to your pictures. I spoke to the gents at OmniTech and they say the foam is close packed. I also had them confirm that the section for the motion controller exists and the case closed with a motion controller stored in it. Mine is likely to be delayed by a couple of weeks as I requested the yellow color instead of the black 945 they were offering, but I will be using the DJI Goggles Fly More Bag to carry the drone around in the meantime.

really well done layout by foama; I love that the props don’t stick above the case line. Also the B&W case required manually aligning the props EACH TIME.
Looking forward to your guys reviews, right now for me it’s between the Nanuk 945 and the B&W case. I really like Nanuk cases, I had one for my MA2, but I like when B&W layout.
What did you guys pay for them and through where?

Looking forward to your guys reviews, right now for me it’s between the Nanuk 945 and the B&W case. I really like Nanuk cases, I had one for my MA2, but I like when B&W layout.
What did you guys pay for them and through where?
For the Omni Nanuk 945 I paid $293 shipped to Minnesota (suburbs outside of the Twin Cities). I opted for the yellow color, so I am not sure if that will add to the cost but it will delay the case by a couple of weeks.

I opted for the Nanuk versus the B&W because I disliked the idea of aligning the props each time you were putting the aircraft in. Secondly, I don’t really like the idea of putting cables and such under the goggles and then having a removable foam plate on top of it. With the Nanuk I don’t have to worry about that; everything is neatly laid out (somewhat) individually and quickly accessible. These may seem like small luxuries but they matter when it comes to setting or wrapping things up.

also, I am certain that the B&W will not accommodate arm braces but the Nanuk will, or can with slight modifications. If you modify the B&W for the braces you lose the two battery compartments

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
For the Omni Nanuk 945 I paid $293 shipped to Minnesota (suburbs outside of the Twin Cities). I opted for the yellow color, so I am not sure if that will add to the cost but it will delay the case by a couple of weeks.

I opted for the Nanuk versus the B&W because I disliked the idea of aligning the props each time you were putting the aircraft in. Secondly, I don’t really like the idea of putting cables and such under the goggles and then having a removable foam plate on top of it. With the Nanuk I don’t have to worry about that; everything is neatly laid out (somewhat) individually and quickly accessible. These may seem like small luxuries but they matter when it comes to setting or wrapping things up.

also, I am certain that the B&W will not accommodate arm braces but the Nanuk will, or can with slight modifications. If you modify the B&W for the braces you lose the two battery compartments
So where did you get it and do you have a link? I’m having a hard time tracking it down. And I’ll be doing the orange if I can get it.

So where did you get it and do you have a link? I’m having a hard time tracking it down. And I’ll be doing the orange if I can get it.

I first heard about this case on this thread, so credit to the original poster. They don’t offer different colors on their website, I called and checked and I still haven’t received confirmation yet.

free shipping to the US

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebchopra