Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

thanks to y'all still following along here.
the v2 flies great so far but still need to wring it out a bit.
ill share those adventures in another thread or vids. it was a fun build that could have been allot easier (paracord) but i got an extra moneys worth with that and other challenges. thanks for the consistent input.. great group here.
IMG_9742.JPG

couple final notes...
copying the tx model from the mini didn't work. the mini is running raceflight still... doh! throttle was reversed as well as settings for input and mix for arming. instead of adjusting i wiped the model and started fresh. i did the same fresh setup with the bnf micro.
the mini has a raceflight fc so im hesitant to change it out withought changing the board to something else..
that could be a good thread if it happens but the mini is beastly so im gonna charge and fly.

thanks for sharing quantum. we have a great spot in the forum for your personal vids. this one isn't it but your post did make me realize im still setting up.
i got the tx (voice and beeps) setup, voice triggered flight timer with count down.. same setup as my others.
beeper is installed and currently working on osd functionality including turning off/up/down vtx power via the turanis tx.
its raining today off coure.

here's how it flies... smooth.. too smooth. no shake, no bounce back.. it actually drifts after a hard stop. my son called it a feel of "additional momentum after the fact".. where the mini and micro hard stop.. no drift.
i still need to fly more but will start pid tuning when its sunny.
omg the punch out is incredible and its super quiet (dalpro t5045) compared to the small quads.

Last edited:
ok, so here is a flight from today. stock pids and BF settings still. you might catch the "drift" between inputs.

any direction to get rid of the lines lines in the video? not scratch but theres and overall work of diagonal pattern. interference from something...

im considering rasing rates first but what would y'all change first?
its suddenly a very small yard

Last edited:
it may be easier than that. seem we like to go racing for pid adjustments. soncond thoughts i have are:
my tx is showing less that 1000 for min throttle. i lowered and "thinned" the gap between tx an BF min throttle but left it low.

if i increase the min throttle so that it balances on the ground in the first throttle notch... than motors would be idling with more authority. it's after an abrupt move and then zero throttle that we get drift.

I'll increase iddle speed first i think and see. motors are running only warm but theres no room here to push. ill continue tuning here i guess first.

Looks sweet Futura. I’m not really too sure on your pid settings as I have been flying stock for long time and have only just started to play around with tuning very recently. Very minor adjustments in super rate is all I am doing atm. All I know is not big changes make a big difference.

blogging this does add valuable challenge and maybe this beast of a thread helps someone.
it's what i consider the best so the hardware is never to blame. so many times that's not true and we get to claim compensation.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I think it could be motor idle speed too but...

I saw this video and it described (I thought) very well how to tune pids and the indications to look for so you know when you get it very close to right. The method he used to do it was a little cumbersome but the indications for P Term I Term D Term etc was great. One of them looks just like what you are describing. Might be worth a watch and some experimentation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81