Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Impressions

Has anyone tried to fly from inside the Car yet with those goggles ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Yes often. I'm in northern Ontario and fly from my truck often over the winter. You loose quite a bit of range but you still get about 1km before the video start to degrade

Any confirmation on the claimed range for this little speedster?

Any confirmation on the claimed range for this little speedster?
It uses Occusync 3.0 with an estimated 10km range

LOL! That would technically be illegal as you would be flying BVLOS. You may not find too many people looking to admit in writing that they tested it. Just like I never tested it out to 6kms.

You can connect a mobile device to the goggles and see the image, yes. You have no telemetry data, battery status etc when doing so, though.
Latency would be really bad in this scenario and you still are limited to LOS.

LOL! That would technically be illegal as you would be flying BVLOS. You may not find too many people looking to admit in writing that they tested it.
You havn’t met the Mavic bunch yet ?

Well Starz knows but I give it less than 6 months if even that there will be a distance thread. There have been for each model Phantom
and Mavic. And have to say I was in the wifi phantoms one with the P2 but we not talking far. Got my first MP and on the second flight
saw it would go 4.2 and Rth so never tryed again. .
Wrong yes but was way back and where I fly I can see as far as the eye can see. If anything was up there other than me I wouldn’t have tryed. And as low as I fly if anything was that low I would have been
the least problem as they would have been crashing.
See it’s not use saying I didn’t all you would have to do is read way back in PP and you would see us modding. ?‍♂️

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Signal strength is the more important factor to me. The claimed range may be a portion of the equation to determine that aspect of this DJI hot rod.

Reactions: dirkclod
Signal strength is the more important factor to me. The claimed range may be a portion of the equation to determine that aspect of this DJI hot rod.
Agree but you know it’s coming ?

Have not placed an order for this one yet. I learned a good lesson with the first mini when it came out. Not one of my better decisions. So I’ll keep watching and reading for a while. Probably will be just as much fun as ownership.

Design Flaws:

Continuous landings jarring the battery,
Battery not shutting off , Error Messages with the battery while flying can all be solved with Hand Catching and gentile landings , but more easily said the done.

Some other FPV users keep saying its under powered but I am not sure if that means to go into a loop that it does not have a lot of juice to get you up so
can someone clarify that for me.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and land on Water.

Design Flaws:

Battery not shutting off , Error Messages with the battery while flying can all be solved with Hand Catching and gentile landings , but more easily said the done.

Some other FPV users keep saying its under powered but I am not sure if that means to go into a loop that it does not have a lot of juice to get you up so
can someone clarify that for me.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and land on Water.
So did you buy one yet?

Have not placed an order for this one yet. I learned a good lesson with the first mini when it came out. Not one of my better decisions. So I’ll keep watching and reading for a while. Probably will be just as much fun as ownership.
No but am . Kinda waiting on this first group to weigh in as I learned like you with the Mini. Had I just waited abit I would have been happier with the 2. Don’t even fly the Mini anymore.
Afraid the thrill is gone.

This information comes from??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18