Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Impressions

AO - First flight down the river in was a Blast < So easy , I felt like I was on a butterfly on top of a caterpillar , I put the googles on my Girlfriend who has never touched a drone and had her fly it back, it was awesome.
I than just shot it up in the sky , never got sick but I did keep my flight to about 10 minutes gently down the stream. The signal was super clean even around the River Bends. Tomorrow with a little more light I will make all the way down to the lake , but I was not able to test yet the Remote land, I think my Girlfriend want her own drone now. Once she was in the Hot Seat she loved it, She just kept laughing.

I say your going to love it. I will post a video of my first 5 Minute flight. as I am uploading now.

FIrst Flight with DJI FPV in the dark around the River Bend,.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in extreme conditions coming soon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: A.O.
AO - First flight down the river in was a Blast < So easy , I felt like I was on a butterfly on top of a caterpillar , I put the googles on my Girlfriend who has never touched a drone and had her fly it back, it was awesome.
I than just shot it up in the sky , never got sick but I did keep my flight to about 10 minutes gently down the stream. The signal was super clean even around the River Bends. Tomorrow with a little more light I will make all the way down to the lake , but I was not able to test yet the Remote land, I think my Girlfriend want her own drone now. Once she was in the Hot Seat she loved it, She just kept laughing.

I say your going to love it. I will post a video of my first 5 Minute flight. as I am uploading now.
Very cool, what mode(s) did you fly in?

I’m so jealous!! But I’ll get there...

I'll do a full write-up later today once I get an hour. There are some interesting details that would help people decide if this is a good drone for them to purchase. I think a lot of Mavic users are looking at this pretty seriously.
I would be most interested to know if the goggles can be used in any way with my Mavic Pro 2... even if I have to use an HDMI or USB cable from my tablet or controller to my goggles... any info on that would help me decide.

Thanks for the info thus far!

The Mavic 2 Pro uses OcuSync 2.0 and the new DJI goggles V2 support OcuSync 3.0. Different versions, but possibly some compatibility between the two. So there is potential for these two to work together if DJI releases a firmware update that allows the two to communicate, but there is no such support at this time. The V2 goggles do not support HDMI out at this time either much to the dismay of many people in the FPV community.

The Mavic 2 Pro uses OcuSync 2.0 and the new DJI goggles V2 support OcuSync 3.0. Different versions, but possibly some compatibility between the two. So there is potential for these two to work together if DJI releases a firmware update that allows the two to communicate, but there is no such support at this time. The V2 goggles do not support HDMI out at this time either much to the dismay of many people in the FPV community.
Thank you for your quick response... yes, DJI has not been the best company as far as cross compatibility goes. This in itself is enough to put me off on buying such a specific group of equipment. If the googles can at some time be cross compatible with other DJI (and... haha... maybe non-DJI) products I will take a look again. Thanks :)

I actually think DJI has been great with cross compatibility. Many of the Mavics support OcySync and work with the older DJI goggles and goggles RE, but a lot of Mavic owners never pursued that option because the flight characteristics of a Mavic aren’t necessarily suited to FPV and the user experience with these products for many wasn’t about the goggles. But many people have bought the older goggles and enjoy the experience. But DJI maintained support across most of the Mavics anyways. Since the older goggles RE are getting old, a replacement was imminent. The fact that DJI added OcuSynch 3.0 to the new Digital FPV goggles in v2 indicates that they are aligning the tech for other drones. Mavic 3 will most certainly use Ocusync 3.0 so they are likely going to work with the new v2 goggles. DJI is definitely setting this up for future releases. With OcuSync 3, the new FPV v2 goggles will likely become the standard goggles for many more DJI drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Where?? I’ve looked all over, maybe you forgot the link?
That was my analogy to how I felt the flight was, I felt like a butterfly on top of caterpillar , and you already saw that video above.
I will be making another flight soon down the river , at some point i have to loose signal, im curious as to where and how far down i can go.

RE goggles got an update for the M2
Sad that the M2 got left out of the fix department in regards to the re goggles. One of the reasons I’m a bit more watchful of DJI products than I used to be.

I can not believe no one told me you can change the Color of the Lights on the DRONE , how did miss that.
and how do i do that ?

Screenshot 03-07-2021 11.15.46.jpg

Screenshot 03-07-2021 11.16.27.jpg

That was my analogy to how I felt the flight was, I felt like a butterfly on top of caterpillar , and you already saw that video above.
I will be making another flight soon down the river , at some point i have to loose signal, im curious as to where and how far down i can go.
I had NOT seen that video, I think you edited it and put the video in after I read the post. Very nice! But I thought you were going to do it at 89mph!!:D
Looking forward to more of your videos.

You can change the Color of the Light show to any color and the Pattern of the lights , very cool you can even have lights change the faster you go. LOL tons of fun for the viewers.

I will post a video of the entire light show available. there is a lot to that.

Screenshot 03-07-2021 11.48.19.jpg

How do i record the Sound of Audio of the drone ? Where is that in the settings ?
The setting button had me thinking my settings was not working because they go forward and than you go backwards in the setting menu to change them very quirky.

I wasted a lot of time figuring that out. UHG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.