Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone from China

I would assume so but I can't gaurntee!
Sorry man, It is difficult to keep in contact with Vifly care it usually takes 24 hrs or better to get a response!
I have encountered a few issues with the 220 myself.
#1. The Antenna sma connector came loose and spins around and I had to take the entire quad apart to fix.
#2. The VTX micro switch has broken off! and I cannot switch my channels for FPV! so it has become a Major problem, I have sent emails on the issues but no real fix to the problem other than send it to the repair center in Cali (at a cost of $30.00 per hr) I now feel it was a bad design with the top plate being the PDB! and if anything is damaged the entire board needs attention! IMO

Mark..

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hey guys, I fixed the issue!

Turns out I was massively over-complicating the issue, support got back to me with a method to repair it. Gotta fully rebuild the quadcopter now though... When they release the Betaflight variation, I'll probably still flash over to that.

Apparently I can't upload in an edit, so here is the manual I followed in case somebody else is in the same boat as me. Specifically Method Two.

Attachments

• How to Flash Cleanflight Firmware v1.0.pdf
    708.4 KB · Views: 5
Iron,

Yeah, that looks like your "custom" FC, it's got the STM32 chip on it. I haven't seen that board before. I've run into similar issues with a couple of my BNF birds. They make these custom parts that have to be sourced directly from the OEM. Hopefully, ViFly is stocking up on some parts inventory and will be able to ship them to users in a expedient manner.

Many of us here are pretty new to this hobby as well. I love reading posts over at RC Groups but many of those guys are way out of my league when it comes to their technical knowledge. I've been fortunate to get quite a bit of help from folks here.

Jerry

Jerry,

Yeh having the ability to quickly hop onto a forum and check up on problems is a fantastic thing to have.

Unfortunately (?), since support helped fix my issue with the first response I was unable to figure out if they planned on developing an inventory of spares despite my asking. I wouldn't be surprised if they do however, as they recently started selling spare ESC's on their home store.

Just giving you Guy's a heads up!
It takes a few weeks for the parts to finally show up. It ships DHL, and if you dont have them in your area it will be transferred to your post office and will need to sign for it. I ordered parts over a week ago and just got my tracking # yesterday!

Mark.

Yeah that part suck's!
It is however a great quad, fly's really nice with the stock PID's (now guys are flashing betaflight) it is very rigged, with a few drawback's: working on it is a bit tougher than the usual quad (the style of frame) and the components are of their own design for the most part.
Overall though you will love it!
Also join the FB group for Vifly! great info

Mark.

Mark,

I'm looking forward to getting it. Many of you seem to like it. Unfortunately, I made a decision some time ago to stay away from FB so I'm going to miss out on seeing you guys over there. Hopefully, some of you will stick around here!

Jerry

First and foremost I only go on FB (The Devil site! ) lmao to check out the vifly group and the Neato groups!
There is alot of new info on there, I will relay the info as I get it!
And just so you know you don't need to have a single friend on FB to join a group

Reaper,

My R220 just showed up. I know I read it before but cant find it now, what batteries are you running with your 220? The Turnigy Graphenes I bought are too long. I'll try my 1.3 4S just to get her in the air.

Jerry

Hey jerry I am running Turnigy 1300mah 45-90C 4S batteries (Nano Tech)
The Graphene are 1300 mah 65c 4S
The reason I chose to use 4s out of the box was I figured I would go to 4s later on so just bought them now.

Mark..

Thanks, Mark! Just flew all of my birds, got a battery or two each. Frank flew great! I also flew the R220, I left the PID's alone but raised the rates a bit in Betaflight before taking off. I used one of my 1300 Turnigy Graphene 3S. The bird seems quite loose compared to my other birds. I'll have to look into the PID's a bit. Just glad I got to fly it once. Now that I have 20 3S batteries I think it's time to get a few 4S. My piloting skills aren't as good as my building skills but I'm getting the hang of it. Can't wait until the weather changes!

Jerry

Yes I am
The 4s are still really punchy and are fairly small and fit nicely!

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18