Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

exercising gopro warranty

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So my cerberus V2 had a bit of a crash resulting in my first smashed gopro screen. i ordered 5 more before getting home from the location but..

what is y'alls experience using the best buy warrantee, (i got replacement for two years).
do they hand you a new one if you walk in? i got no paperwork (bought online) and am going my name and gopro unit id is in thier system?

has anyone gone through this with best by and a gopro? the screens i got will provide field repairs but i wanna get my money back on the warrantee somehow. id love to think i can walk in and walk out with a new one?
20180325_151511.jpg

So my cerberus V2 had a bit of a crash resulting in my first smashed gopro screen. i ordered 5 more before getting home from the location but..

what is y'alls experience using the best buy warrantee, (i got replacement for two years).
do they hand you a new one if you walk in? i got no paperwork (bought online) and am going my name and gopro unit id is in thier system?

has anyone gone through this with best by and a gopro? the screens i got will provide field repairs but i wanna get my money back on the warrantee somehow. id love to think i can walk in and walk out with a new one?
View attachment 2083
Can't help with the best buy part but awesome video!, maybe call and ask what their policy is?

Reactions: Futuramille

View attachment 2083

As long as you have the warranty and the broken camera you will be good.....You will feel more confident with a paper receipt but you should be in the system....I replaced mine after it broke....I bought from the store and had my receipt also....but you should be in the computer system....let me back up....as long as it was online from Best Buy.
Good luck.

Reactions: Futuramille
yup, i called the closest best buy and Josh is waiting at the service counter with a new one... I'll report back as there is a chance they would attempt a repair. (5 - 7 days)

thanks for the replies y'all.

Last edited:
nope, sucked. only one breakage replacement available and it uses up the warrantee.
ill make sure it explodes past working before replacing it with the warrantee. got 5 new replacement screens coming Thursday. I'm not real happy considering what the warrantee cost.

so for 50$ you get two years manufacture warrantee. if you make a breakage claim it wipes out your two years manufacture (doesn't carry over) and is a one time chance. it will take more Than a broken screen for me to use it up.
199$ gopro 50$ warrantee. replacement screens are 20$ a pop. that's my report. y'all take it for what its worth. i need to find a tougher screen than glass i think

Reactions: Wayno52
nope, sucked. only one breakage replacement available and it uses up the warrantee.
ill make sure it explodes past working before replacing it with the warrantee. got 5 new replacement screens coming Thursday. I'm not real happy considering what the warrantee cost.

Not sure what warranty you purchased... but I bought a 2 year extended warranty....I have already replaced one and they said I can continue to replace until my warranty expires....again it was an extended replacement warranty....sorry it' not worked out in your favor.

this one was what i got...
View attachment 2099

I apoligize....I called today and questioned my warranty...they allowed my first return as my camera was still new and was heating up....which allowed them to keep my 2 year warranty still available...you are correct....you'd have to purchase another extended warranty....unlimitted breakage would probably put GoPro out of business...

in the end, it's better to take care of your on board camera. in many cases this is the most expensive element flying but the added quality on video on every flight is so worth it if you share your videos.

all fixed and back to beastly. we'v been flying without the camera and now readjusting to the extra weight. it gives more momentum.. fun thread. hope this was helpful to others understanding. your gonna eat damage expense until the gopro stops working. 50$ is still a decent replacement cost no questions asked. we'll see if the screen protectors hold up.

for now, confidence is hi along with vid quality.
thanks y'all!

thanks wayno, these Emax motors rock... come back warm. their barely working with this acro stuff. we need to shed the gopro and go get into and open class race.... soon

Attachments

• 15229383391751293737463.jpg
    15229383391751293737463.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam