Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV goggles uncomfortable seeing 2 individual displays (Skyzone 04x)

zazas321

Reaction score
Hello. I need some advice regarding the FPV goggles (Skyzone 04x). I am testing these goggles (my first FPV goggles) and I have noticed this annoying thing and I cannot get my head around. Whenever I use goggles, My eyes are able to pick up that there are 2 individual displays and each eye is seeing its own display. I have expected that these goggles are designed in such a way that even though there are 2 individual displays there, your eye perceives the view as one. I have tried playing with IPD sliders but I cannot get the dispalys to merge. I always see it as a double view and I am not able to use these goggles longer than few minutes.

I am not sure how to explain this but I hope some of you in FPV hobby will be able to help me out and explain to me whether that is normal for FPV goggles or not?

Do you wear eyeglasses? I know people with astigmatism that have a focusing problem like that when using them. Also its been a while since I used them, but I thought they had an adjustment to merge the views. Could be wrong.

Try setting your IPD adjustment one eye at a time (close one eye, adjust for open eye then repeat for the other eye). Center the image on each eye and see if that helps

Sorry for the late response guys. I do not wear glasses and my sight is okay. I have tried to play with various IPD adjustments but cant get it to sit right where I only see a single display. I have asked about 6 other people to come and try those goggles for me so I can confirm whether it was just me or not. I can say that about 50% of the people that tried the goggles were facing exactly the same issue as I do. No matter what they did, they were not able to line up the display properly. Another half of the people said that they dont see any issues with the display and the screen is lined up perfectly for them. Could it be that I need more range for IPD adjustments? Maybe If I could slide the displays a little more to each side I would be able to find a sweet spot. I have also found a few videos on youtube on people dissasembling the goggles and modifying something inside to make them fit their eyes better

Sorry for the late response guys. I do not wear glasses and my sight is okay. I have tried to play with various IPD adjustments but cant get it to sit right where I only see a single display. I have asked about 6 other people to come and try those goggles for me so I can confirm whether it was just me or not. I can say that about 50% of the people that tried the goggles were facing exactly the same issue as I do. No matter what they did, they were not able to line up the display properly. Another half of the people said that they dont see any issues with the display and the screen is lined up perfectly for them. Could it be that I need more range for IPD adjustments? Maybe If I could slide the displays a little more to each side I would be able to find a sweet spot. I have also found a few videos on youtube on people dissasembling the goggles and modifying something inside to make them fit their eyes better
Did you ever solve this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax