Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Having trouble activating your V2 goggles and you don't have the DJI FPV drone

droneguy

Reaction score
Website
www.808drones.com
It appears some people are having activation issues with their new DJI v2 goggles because the activation process is looking to also connect to the drone. It appears this may be related to goggles that had a pre-release firmware intended to work with the drone prior to launch date. Some of these goggles may have been sent out to consumers who purchased the v2 goggles. DJI has a temporary workaround for those users.

V01.00.0606 update

Login to DJI assistant 2 with the following DJI account:
User: [email protected]
Pass: DJI123456

1. Go to settings in assistant 2 and enable "DJI Account Information" and "DJI Device Information"
  2. Connect the goggles and update to V00.05.1086
  3. Disconnect from DJI assistant 2 and in the goggles menu, go to... Setting... About... and switch the mode to DJI FPV digital system and click ok
  4. Reboot the goggles
  5. You may see a notice of activation screen in the goggles
  6. Connect the goggles again to DJI assistant 2 and follow any prompts for activation.
  7. Once complete, update the firmware to version V010.00.0606
You should now be all set and ready to use your goggles with your air units or vistas.

This information has been posted on the DJI forum and also on may other sites. It is a temporary workaround from DJI and will only be needed for some of the inital goggle sent out. This process will be retired once DJI believes it is no longer required. It is not confidential information and sharing this temporary account password is of no concern to DJI.

Last edited:
Didn't help with my phone number issue unfortunately :(

Gonna paste what I sent to support...

I activated my DJI FPV drone and accessories using an android phone using DJI Fly 1.3.0, and
now cannot go fly without the "Not linked to phone number" message and
30/50m restriction.

Connecting a logged in android device to the goggles does not remove the
lock (app cache clear/reinstall doesn't help, neither did making sure
the aircraft had a GPS lock before doing so).

A friend of mine activated his with iOS 1.3.0 and has no such issue, no
need to connect the phone again. If I connect an iPhone with the app
logged in with my account to my goggles it unlocks, but this has to be
done on every reboot, which is obviously inconvenient and most
importantly requires having access to an Apple device anytime I want to fly...

DJI_0296_ss.jpg

Last edited:
It appears some people are having activation issues with their new DJI v2 goggles because the activation process is looking to also connect to the drone. It appears this may be related to goggles that had a pre-release firmware intended to work with the drone prior to launch date. Some of these goggles may have been sent out to consumers who purchased the v2 goggles. DJI has a temporary workaround for those users.

V01.00.0606 update

1. Go to settings in assistant 2 and enable "DJI Account Information" and "DJI Device Information"
  3. Disconnect from DJI assistant 2 and in the goggles menu, go to... Setting... About... and switch the mode to DJI FPV digital system and click ok
  4. Reboot the goggles
  6. Connect the goggles again to DJI assistant 2 and follow any prompts for activation.
You should now be all set and ready to use your goggles with your air units or vistas.

This information has been posted on the DJI forum and also on may other sites. It is a temporary workaround from DJI and will only be needed for some of the inital goggle sent out. This process will be retired once DJI believes it is no longer required. It is not confidential information and sharing this temporary account password is of no concern to DJI.
Do you mean also that the v2 goggles are compatible with mavic 2 pro. After firmare update? Tks

Do you mean also that the v2 goggles are compatible with mavic 2 pro. After firmare update? Tks
No there is no compatibility with the mavics

OK, my phone number issue seems fixed, some people said to create a new dji account and connect to the aircraft again, I used my friend's (on an iphone) and it seems it fixed it.
Support still hasn't come back to me though...

V01.00.0606 update

4. Reboot the goggles

Hi droneguy

I have followed the instructions, but my goggles do not seen to have DJI FPV digital system option

V01.00.0606 update

4. Reboot the goggles

Hi Droneguy

I brought the dji fpv system and I am wanting to activate the goggles by them sell but when I follow the instructions in the goggles I do not get the option to switch to DJI FPV digital, Setting > about > and there is no option for DJI FPV digital. Is there something obvious that I am missing?

You can activate them in the FPV drone mode first. Many of the v2 goggles shipped with a pre-release firmware. Download the latest version of DJI assistant 2 as they don't seem to activate in the older versions.

Hi droneguy

I have followed the instructions, but my goggles do not seen to have DJI FPV digital system option

Hi Droneguy

I brought the dji fpv system and I am wanting to activate the goggles by them sell but when I follow the instructions in the goggles I do not get the option to switch to DJI FPV digital, Setting > about > and there is no option for DJI FPV digital. Is there something obvious that I am missing?
Also make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom. it's the last option.

You can activate them in the FPV drone mode first. Many of the v2 goggles shipped with a pre-release firmware. Download the latest version of DJI assistant 2 as they don't seem to activate in the older versions.

I have done all that tried using the recommended firmware and tried to update through the app but there is no option for DJI FPV digital settings. I have attached a picture of the settings about and the last option in that menu. I have attached an image what the last option is in my goggles.

Attachments

• 20210315_193046.jpg
    20210315_193046.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 7
This is a strange situation... have you tried to reset all and see if the option shows up after the reboot?

This is a strange situation... have you tried to reset all and see if the option shows up after the reboot?
Yes I have, more than once. I do not want to activate that drone yet because I want to learn to fly on their Syn first. From what I have been seen you can activate the goggles on their own. Not sure what is wrong.

Yes you can activate each on their own.

Hi,

I am trying to activate my Goggles V2 but it seems that only the version V01.00.0606 and V01.00.0604 is available and not the V00.05.1086.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I am trying to activate my Goggles V2 but it seems that only the version V01.00.0606 and V01.00.0604 is available and not the V00.05.1086.

Any suggestions?
This method is dead. Dji blocked this feature. You need someone with a fpv drone to activate your goggles. Other than that is a paperweight they screwed everyone else who bought the goggles as stand-alone.

was this not addressed in the latest firmware update on the dji fpv drone side (1.0.2.0) ?
i.e. you boot to dji fpv drone mode, then update firmware there, which gives option of 1.0.2.0 .

they certainly did some tweaks in this area for this switching side.. but being dji , they dont say exactly what they fixed in the firmware ;)...
anyway, worth a try.

They didn't address that so far and I don't know if they will listen to anybody for now. I just upgraded a pair of goggles for someone else yesterday and still there is no option to switch to digital. I use my drone to activate his goggles. That is a shame from Dji. They should say to the customers something about that problem but they care more abut the money than their customers.

They didn't address that so far and I don't know if they will listen to anybody for now. I just upgraded a pair of goggles for someone else yesterday and still there is no option to switch to digital. I use my drone to activate his goggles. That is a shame from Dji. They should say to the customers something about that problem but they care more abut the money than their customers.
Try this to enable the FPV mode option, seems works if you have already activated the Goggles.
Seems the biggest problem is activation without drone.
I was thinking to buy a DJI Goggles v2 & pair with Caddx Vista, but seems I cannot activate it without the drone, so I guess I will get analogy goggles instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax