Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to maiden a new build?

CheFPV

Reaction score
so I am one that takes a build out and genuinely thrashes on it from the start.

Why?

Because after my initial build testing, power checking each step and double checking wiring, then the FC and ESC setup, and a brief hover test I want to know just how it's gonna hold up.

So here's what I got today:

A Turbo Mach Drones Rana 220 with 2406/2500kv Electrify RC motors and ESCs, unit Pro HV, Runcam Owl, and a Betaflight f4 running BF3.2.

What's your style?

@CheFPV, great flying! I really can't imagine getting that good, but that's my goal and I wondered, did you ever use a sim to improve your muscle memory on the sticks? If so which one?

Reactions: CheFPV and Jtrjr
@CheFPV, great flying! I really can't imagine getting that good, but that's my goal and I wondered, did you ever use a sim to improve your muscle memory on the sticks? If so which one?
I personally am not a sim guy. I prefer to learn the cold hard truth the way its intended, crashing.....

I cant find myself equating things that are so different, its just how my brain works. It works for many folks though, including the now 2017 Champ Mr. Vanover. That kid is on a sim every event in the pits when he is not flying.

Personally I can give you a few tips:

1: Find a place that is safe, has good flight areas with multiple types of areas (open, trees, etc) and make that your go to spot. Preferably a close by location so you can run home and fix stuff or run out and test fly new builds.

2: Stay spatially aware. The most important tip in learning to fly is you have to know where the quad is when you are flying in relation to you. Its so important because if you lose signal your natural instincts will take over and eventually you start flying blind a small distance back to yourself and regain video. Also when crashing you know almost exactly where it is before taking goggles off. There are so many reasons really why spatial awareness is important.

3: Get a good tune. Seriously, until you find a "GOOD TUNE" you are limited in how well you can fly. Its not the board, or the FW, its the tune. any board and any firmware can be tuned to fly almost the same. A properly tuned quad feels like it flies itself and makes doing those high risk maneuvers much simpler and almost automatic.

4: Just fly for you, take risks, and know you are going to crash alot no matter what so just let it rip!

This is SOOOOO old but I did this on another creators channel at his request...

Just some fun reviewing my flying progression that I made earlier this year...

Thanks Chef for the videos and advice, I need to sit down later and watch and digest all this good info.

Reactions: CheFPV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleveniseven