Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lc filter ...wiring

Speeder

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been flying an average of 10 packs a day...and am improving.
My Armattan Chameleon is a fantastic bird. Very well balanced very responsive to lateral motion. I have terrible video on this bird so i bought some LC FILTERS
And i cannot find anything that relates to my birds about putting one on these birds. Boy if someone could help me sort this wiring deal out that would be AWSOME. My birds are absolutly great..i know this would help.

Thanks
Keith

Hey guys,
I have been flying an average of 10 packs a day...and am improving.
My Armattan Chameleon is a fantastic bird. Very well balanced very responsive to lateral motion. I have terrible video on this bird so i bought some LC FILTERS
And i cannot find anything that relates to my birds about putting one on these birds. Boy if someone could help me sort this wiring deal out that would be AWSOME. My birds are absolutly great..i know this would help.

Thanks
Keith

What do the LC filters look like, 4 terminals?

I will have to wait to get them...basically they are a typical board 1/2 in ch by 3/4 with a pos/neg tabs on each end and some electronic pieces in between...very simple

Just making sure you had the standard LC power filter which is series inductor and parallel capacitor.

Put it in between the XT60 battery connector and the PDB input terminals. If your XT60 is soldered to your PDB with no wire in between, you will need to desolder the XT60.

Reactions: Speeder
Somewhere i heard that it should be near the video wires ...to clean the energy ... i think before it gets to the camera...does that make any sense at all.?

Keith

Keith,

I think you're chasing ghosts. I've got 5-6 birds now that I've built and I don't have any video issues. I went back and forth on the LC filter stuff but never saw a need to pursue it.

I think there's a different issue. I really think it's a grounding issue. The one issue I did have, I was sure it had something to do with a bad VTX and someone on RC Groups mentioned to make sure my antenna wasn't shorted and to check my motor screws

I didn't believe that was the issue but in the end he was right, it was one, stupid motor screw. I swapped the screw and all was good. I'm not trying to talk you out of an LC filter, it sure cant hurt but sometimes we overlook the more obvious, as I did.

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Hi Jerry,
You are absolutely right i am chasing ghosts...when they stop screwing with my video ill stop. In actuality ,i am trying to keep these birds. I have. Purchased a SKOLL HD with all the goodies...Luminear motors, skitzo F4 , custom antenna mounts,3D , AIKON s,30 amp esc's. And the connex system.
I am going to try my DOM V3s first .I know its not HD but if I can see....i will fly better. I am telling you guys ,if your looking for an amazing quad ...pick up a ARMATTAN CHAMELEON.
Head and shoulders above the DIATONE gt200 and that's a good bird! I have aleady devised a receiver housing for the armattan should my ghost chasing is a lost cause. I beleive (strongly)that it is always better to TRY and fail, than never try and wonder.

Peace
Keith

Hi Green,
My camera is soldered to the VTX...so in understanding you i can put the lc filter in the middle of the red and black wires between the camera and the vtx... is that what your saying?

Sorry green,
My knowledge base is still very small and I don't want to smoke anything.

Peace and progress
Keith

No, I would put it before the VTX power for two reasons. If you put it there, it will clean up the supply for both cam and VTX. Also, the noise is most likely in the VTX, not the Camera.

Hey Green,
So your original idea would be good...between the xt60 connector on the bird and where the wires from that xt60 are soldered to the board on the bird....if this is not the case i may need some pictures and I know that's a lot to ask...if not OK.

PEACE KEITH

Hi green,
Her are some pictures of my quad.The Allen wrench is pointing at the wires i think...you suggest I put the LC filter ..in the middle of the red and black wires...i am trying here. I have read a lot of success stories using this method...the language used to describe the location is still confusing though.

Thanks a lot Green!
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_0941.JPG
    IMG_0941.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Or you could just add a cheap power distribution board that has onboard LC filter plus you get the added benefits a PDB brings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold_31