Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for Mountain Trolls...

GiantAntCowboy

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Captured this video in one take, no cuts or transitions, just an exciting* run at a beautiful spot, "Troll Teeth" mountain.

If you watch in 4k and look closely you might find a few trolls on the peaks... while editing I kept seeing them here and there. 🧐⛰️ hmmm

*I actually lost video a few times while flying behind the peaks, but held my line (and my breath), and captured some pretty neat shots.

Cheers!

Nice video, I appreciate the history also. Where were you flying from
Thank you, I had fun with this flight and video edit. This was shot up in Norway, a beautiful country, perfect for FPV adventures.

I should note “the history” was fabricated a bit by myself… the mountain is actually called Trolltind, which means Troll Peaks, but for years I thought it was Troll Teeth, which I think is better, so I stuck with it.

As far as the existence of trolls and this lost city, well that’s up for debate… some believe trolls may actually be fake, fictional fairytales of sorts, but I’ll let you all decided for yourselves.

Thanks for watching and commenting, cheers!

Captured this video in one take, no cuts or transitions, just an exciting* run at a beautiful spot, "Troll Teeth" mountain.

If you watch in 4k and look closely you might find a few trolls on the peaks... while editing I kept seeing them here and there. 🧐⛰️ hmmm

*I actually lost video a few times while flying behind the peaks, but held my line (and my breath), and captured some pretty neat shots.

Cheers!
Truly inspiring! Makes me wish I had a 4K TV, and a decent internet connection.

Is there an easy way to download YouTube videos? To a PC?

Thanks for this!

:)

TCS

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy
Truly inspiring! Makes me wish I had a 4K TV, and a decent internet connection.

Is there an easy way to download YouTube videos? To a PC?

Thanks for this!

:)

TCS
Thanks, appreciate the comment, I’m pretty happy with how this video came out.

I’ve never downloaded a YouTube video, but TomK above posted a How To link you could try.
Cheers!

Hi, nice content. I would also like to go long range flighing.
I would be nice to get some more insights about the drone. Like what batteries/vtx/fc and so. How long can you stay in the air? And how far can you go?

Hi, nice content. I would also like to go long range flighing.
I would be nice to get some more insights about the drone. Like what batteries/vtx/fc and so. How long can you stay in the air? And how far can you go?
Well the exact details are all listed in the YouTube video description, but as quick overview this particular drone was nothing too special. The frame was a very old cheap zmr250 frame with Xing 2306 2400kv motors, powered by a diy 4000mAh li-ion battery pack. The VRX was a Rapidfire module with two diy 7-turn helicals. The VTX was an 800mW Matek mini, with a F405 FC.
I made DIY videos for both the batteries and the helical antennas, both of which work great, and are pretty simple and cheap to make.

Now you’ll notice I used past tense a lot above and that’s because I have recently finished building a proper long-range quad built on the Chimera 7 frame and using HDZero digital system. I’ll be posting a build video and some follow up test videos soon.

Happy to answer questions, long-range flight is very exciting, but also very risky. Minor problems can result in a complete loss of your quad and GoPro very quickly…

Thanks for watching and comments, cheers!

Ok, thanks mate!
I didn't go to youtube to watch the video, hence, I missed all details. But now I did, I think I will start with a diy battery pack and see what that gives!
thanks for the info and good luck!
cheers

Ok, thanks mate!
I didn't go to youtube to watch the video, hence, I missed all details. But now I did, I think I will start with a diy battery pack and see what that gives!
thanks for the info and good luck!
cheers
Absolutely, an interesting part of long-range flight is simply learning how to improve things and testing various setups. Each flight can benefit from different setups, sometimes you want lightweight and extra power, sometimes the goal is a slower longer range flight.

Just pay attention to how much current your battery pack can handle, and remember the 2nd half of the battery will drain faster than the 1st half. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax