Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newbie who need little help

See the ESC #1 area in RED below. Example will be the # 1 motor as in the pic

The big red wire is NOT 5v, it goes to battery voltage, and should be soldered to the "ESC1+" pad on the FC for that motor number. The big black goes to the "ESC1-" (as an example per pic) pad for that motor, the white and black twisted pair goes to the M1 for example per pic below (Motor signal) pad for the white, and the black goes to the same ground pad (ESC-) as the big black one.

You really want to make sure you fully understand what you're doing beforehand, if not, mistakes happen and then things either blow up or don't work.

You can add a cap any time you want, I tend to build it first and see how the video noise is before I decide if I need to add one, UNLESS one comes with the ESC, then I always add it when I solder on the XT60 pigtail.

1589171018414.png

OK, 5V is definitely the wrong one!

I was about to solder my ESCs to the FC when I noticed that I don't have any kind of standoffs for the FC.
Its touching the frame if I just put it on the screws that come with the frame, that is not the best thing I bet!

I also don't have an antenna for my VTX. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Cheers

Antitor

Attachments

• 1589219502088.png
    1589219502088.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 1589219519837.png
    1589219519837.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Deleted member 3641
You are definitely going to need extra hardware, not only for this build, but also over time. There are varying theories on what to use for the stack but I would recommend a FRNY (Fiberglass Reinforced NYlon) nylon kit for things on the stack, it doesn't conduct and if you crash it will likely break instead of breaking your boards. Some people will use carbon steel just like the rest of the hardware on the quad but I think you run a greater risk in a bad crash. For vTX antennas I pretty much use only TBS Triumph V1's, but there are other good ones too. I like the V1 Triumphs because they are sturdy and work very well, both are things you need on a quad.

GOOD news, I finished the whole build yesterday night and it didn't blow up on me ?

I put the VTX on the bottom of the top plate, so the antenna does not stick out so far!

All the Betaflight stuff was a pain.. but I somehow figured it out!
Everything is working fine so far... I hope at least. Didn't had the chance to fly outside due to rainy weather. A little test hover inside went perfect!

Here are some pictures, I hop y'all like it!
Thanks to everyone who help with there answers <3

The learning just started!

Cheers

Antitor

Attachments

• Sorceone 1.jpeg
    Sorceone 1.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Sourceone leftside.jpeg
    Sourceone leftside.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Sourceone rightside.jpeg
    Sourceone rightside.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 6
Hey hey,
I was out today for my first test flight!
It was really cool, and there is a LOT of power behind that thing:oops:?
Everything went fine... until I try to land with the second battery.
I saw a little smoke cloud and I thought it will explode?
But nothing happened, so I unplugged the battery and noticed that the balance plug melted...
Somehow 2 of the cables touched each other and puff. There was a little white stain on the frame.

I cant really tell why...can that happen if the lead touches something on the frame?
Pic below.

I hope someone can help, dont want that the battery will blow up on me...

(Also the Voltage on the OSD is really off)

Cheers
Antitor
1589752259134.png

Hey hey,
I was out today for my first test flight!
It was really cool, and there is a LOT of power behind that thing:oops:?
Everything went fine... until I try to land with the second battery.
I saw a little smoke cloud and I thought it will explode?
But nothing happened, so I unplugged the battery and noticed that the balance plug melted...
Somehow 2 of the cables touched each other and puff. There was a little white stain on the frame.

I cant really tell why...can that happen if the lead touches something on the frame?
Pic below.

I hope someone can help, dont want that the battery will blow up on me...

(Also the Voltage on the OSD is really off)

Cheers
Antitor
View attachment 4283

Based on some tell tale signs, the prop clipped the balance connector and broke it, then it touched the frame and shorted. Put a rubber band around the battery to hold the balance connector next to the battery. Some put it under your battery strap if they can but only if it doesn't put any stress on the cable and connectors, every time you bend a wire it gets weaker and they only last so long. you will need to look for a 4s JST-HX connectors and pins to fix that.

Hey y'all!

If been flying my drone all the time and everything worked out really well!
One thing is still bothering me, my video connection...

The range of stable and clear video feed is not that far. My modular 7 Micro has a better video range right now...
Can someone give me some tips how to improve that? I bet there are some tweaks that can improve that.
Already tried out all the different modes on the vtx ( RDQ Mach3 )
Hope I can get some help, thank you!

Cheers,
Antitor

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Hey,
my Mach3 LED settings are F 4 (5800 MHZ) and 1000mW.
I tried all power levels and the highest one is giving me the longest range( the steps are not that big).
Is there a better frequency or power level?

Is it maybe my Fatshark box googles?

Cheers
Antitor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas