Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Overlook my lipo selection

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
Hey what do you think of the specs of the batteries I think are gonna be my brand :)

Attachments

• IMG_0882.PNG
    IMG_0882.PNG
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
I thought the thread was funnier when it said lips instead of lipo. But I have to agree, weight is king. In my opinion, you should fly a 1300mAh with high C rating with weight around 150g preferably, up to about 160g maximum.

Reactions: Wayno52
So the weight makes that big of a difference. Like the batteries already fly for short times so this battery is heavier but it's only gonna fly less than a min less also the higher the mah the higher the flight time so doesn't the weight and the higher mah even them self out also I'm not going for racing I'm in it for freestyle so the tiny amount of weight extra doesn't bother me.

But I'll still take your guys word for it. You know more than I and I'll go to 1300 100c from now on also what's the 100c with 200c bursts mean

Also what's the best charge rate 1-5c? The guys at rotor riot fly batteries 165g so I'm prolly gonna go with their new hypo battery and grab a practice battery or two they have great new batteries that just dropped

Bronco, the whole idea of this is to get max speed and performance.
The lighter everything is the better .
If you run flat stick, you may get an extra 20. /30 seconds flight time from a 1500. The extra weight however makes it harder to pull off moves as fast. Also crashes are generally worse.

Also what's the best charge rate 1-5c? The guys at rotor riot fly batteries 165g so I'm prolly gonna go with their new hypo battery and grab a practice battery or two they have great new batteries that just dropped

1C is ideal for battery health. But having said that, life is too short. I charge at about 4C on my batteries. This is what I do:

Fly awesome flight using the batteries until they get to about nominal voltage at a steady hover.

After coming in from the field, I individually discharge them to storage voltage using my charger.

When charging up, I parallel charge about 5 batteries at a time at 4C. This gives a little wiggle room for uneven charging rates between the batteries.

:D

Wow thanks guys. Yeah I figured you were talking racing :) all good. Wayno I totally get that. Makes perfect sense I'm not buying anymore of these and am switching to the hypo most likely I do not have a nice charger. It is a balanced charger but not one I can discharge with and charge multiple Gotta get that yet. Prolly the turnigy 50 or 80watt. Which is better in your opinion

It is cheap when you consider the cost of the power supply is not included in the Turnigy ones. The one I linked just plugs into the wall with an AC power cord.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleveniseven