Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Two New Avata Questions:

ApriliaJoe

Reaction score
1: Watching many Avata videos, I noticed few if maybe no decals on the goggles. I had a leftover eyeball set and installed (small), should this effect performance? One video I seen what's behind the front eye spots and it didn't seem to be reception related.
2: I five batteries for my Avata and it feels I only get about 80' away before all 5 give me the battery-low heading home warning. Obviously I'm not flying fast yet and maybe getting 4-5 minutes "it feels" like? Could I have settings wrong draining batteries?

So long as there's no metal foil in them, stickers are completely RF transparent. Like they're not there, as far as a radio signal goes.

The battery situation is alarming, and I have no ideas. I've been over a mile away with no issues, and generally get 10-12 minutes out of all 3 of my batteries.

2: I five batteries for my Avata and it feels I only get about 80' away before all 5 give me the battery-low heading home warning.

What's the battery percentage displayed at that moment? and at the start?
You might have missed that the batteries discharge themselves to storage level if unused for 5 days.

What's the battery percentage displayed at that moment? and at the start?
You might have missed that the batteries discharge themselves to storage level if unused for 5 days.
Good point. I fly maybe two weeks apart? I just assume after I fly I recharge all used batteries and assume all good. I will look next time.
Thx!

So long as there's no metal foil in them, stickers are completely RF transparent. Like they're not there, as far as a radio signal goes.

The battery situation is alarming, and I have no ideas. I've been over a mile away with no issues, and generally get 10-12 minutes out of all 3 of my batteries.
Thx for the feedback! No foil 👍. Maybe from the below input my batteries are starting to discharge from sitting a while. Knowing they were charged rite after use, I never looked at battery percentage at flight start. Also, as I stated in my original note flying distance and time flying is too early to use as an indicator since I'm learning to fly. It could be time is flying by as I'm amazed at what I'm viewing at hights but barely moving then next thing I know it's RTH 🙆‍♂️

1: Watching many Avata videos, I noticed few if maybe no decals on the goggles. I had a leftover eyeball set and installed (small), should this effect performance? One video I seen what's behind the front eye spots and it didn't seem to be reception related.
2: I five batteries for my Avata and it feels I only get about 80' away before all 5 give me the battery-low heading home warning. Obviously I'm not flying fast yet and maybe getting 4-5 minutes "it feels" like? Could I have settings wrong draining batteries?
from what I have read about the Avata batteries over night they drop to 96% and down to storage after 5 days . I seem to get about 12 to 15 minuets flying slow like through the trees . I have only tested sport mode a time or two , can't say how long they last in sport mode . I was getting slow sd card messages and changed to the San Disk they recommend and I still am getting the message even after formatting . I think the Avata still has many bugs that need to be fixed .

Reactions: ApriliaJoe
from what I have read about the Avata batteries over night they drop to 96% and down to storage after 5 days . I seem to get about 12 to 15 minuets flying slow like through the trees . I have only tested sport mode a time or two , can't say how long they last in sport mode . I was getting slow sd card messages and changed to the San Disk they recommend and I still am getting the message even after formatting . I think the Avata still has many bugs that need to be fixed .
15min from an avata battery is reasonable. The battery will indeed drop to 95 after a day or so and then continue to drop as a safety measure. Pressing the button on the battery will hold off the dropping for some period. It's a smart thing to finish a day's flying by not topping the batteries off. Storing at 50% or so will prolong battery life. You can get a very detailed readout from your batteries via airdata.com and there you can see the battery charge throughout the flight. No clue why a proper micro sd card would be a problem. Incorrect formatting?

Reactions: ApriliaJoe
Pg 28 of the user manual

"Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat from the battery, while it is discharging."

Best thing right before flying or the night before.

Pg 28 of the user manual

"Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat from the battery, while it is discharging."

Best thing right before flying or the night before.
It worked 👌😎

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput