Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Very poor video quality with Eachine EV800DM and iFlight Nazgul5

gbro

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to FPV drones and have my first setup with Eachine EV800DM goggles and an iFlight Nazgul5 V2 Analog 6S. I was able to setup the drone and bind it to my radio. I was also able to get it to connect to my goggles, but the video quality is very poor. If I hold the goggles within a few inches of the drone, the video is in color and looks decent with some fuzziness. If I move the goggles more than a few inches away, then the video becomes fuzzy and completely scrambled. It is so bad that I am unable to fly with the goggles at all since I can't see any video if the goggles are more than 6-12 inches away.

I've seen videos posted on youtube of very good quality with the same setup. I know they are connecting correctly because I can see the feed when they are right next to each other, so it has to be something with the strength of the signal. Can anyone help me understand why I would be getting such poor quality video.

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: GiantAntCowboy
Sounds like you might be on the wrong channel. Double check and let us know. Cheers!

Reactions: okw
Sounds like you might be on the wrong channel. Double check and let us know. Cheers!
Thanks for responding! To be honest I'm not sure how to know what the correct channel is to use. I just use the search button on my goggles until it finds one that can see (barley). I also click through all the channels manually but don't find any that work.

Thank you

Thanks for responding! To be honest I'm not sure how to know what the correct channel is to use. I just use the search button on my goggles until it finds one that can see (barley). I also click through all the channels manually but don't find any that work.

Thank you
Basically it doesn’t matter what channel you use but, both your VTX and VRX (goggles) need to be on the same channel. Some channels are close enough that the search function could choose them but the image will get bad quickly.

Also make sure it’s not set to “Pitmode”.

Another thing to double check is that your antennas are both either RHCP or LHCP. Again it doesn’t matter as long as both the VTX and VRX have the same.

Lastly make sure the antennas are tight, and if using a “pigtail” to connect the VTX to the antenna check that it isn’t damaged. Basically if either of the connectors can be twisted while holding the wire it is broken.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it since I am still fairly new to this. I will take a look at all of your suggestions and see if anything helps. I believe my drone does have a "pigtail" to connect the VTX to the antenna, but it doesn't appear to be damaged. Could there be a chance the antenna itself is damaged?

Attached is a vide of what it looks like through the VRX when they are right next to the drone and how it fades away as I move just a few feet away from it. It doesn't seem to make a difference if the antenna is screwed in or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput