Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

i think anyone getting into this hobby should buy a transmitter first. (i recommend the turnigy evolution) this way, you can download a sim and immediately get practice. then goggles/mask. once you have those two items, the rest isnt so expensive like bnf quads or parts kits.

today i learned:
a 35' fatmax tapemeasure makes a great tool for fishing quads out of trees, will post the vid when yt lets me. can you only post so many vids a day on yt?

Hey guys,
I flew today with the butter cutters....
REVIEW: decent thrust, great for cornering at speed,reduced prop wash, BAD: soft ,bend or crease at the slightest touch to the ground ...battery suckers!!!!1/2 the run time ..maybe a little more
DAL PROPS T5040 V2
GOOD: very light,good punch, good battery life, a little flimsy.
GEMFAN Master series code red 5045: great punch ,strong
Very durable. BAD : A little heavy
P.S.you guys probably know all this , but there you go.
Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
I may have a problem with my crusader GT 200.
When i was flying today and i was quite a ways up and at maybe 150 feet away horizontally the bird was spinning and changing directions without my imput...almost like fighting to do what it was asked...i also have experienced prop oscillation
Upon decent with very little throttle and occasional flutter when turning hard at speed...any ideas...my other bird ,the crusader 150 did the same thing...windy today again

Thank you kindly
Keith

Hey Virtue,
You are a funny guy ...i was laughing out loud when i read your post about the 35' tape measure:D

Keith

Hey Jerry ,
What was the list of things you bought for your favorite build?

That is if you don't mind sharing...i am sorry you broke it.

Peace and progress
Keith

My diatone comes with hollow shafts...i guess its less rotating mass. I did look them up your guess is as good as mine. Or better!!!:)

Keith

Keith,

I don't know about your first issue. On the oscillations, that's probably going to be a PID tuning issue. I'm not much of a tuner yet so I can't be of much help but Joshua Bardwell and many others have tuning videos out there.

Jerry

Keith,

Custom X-Ray frame from Raymon FPV
Betaflight F3 AIO FC
Aikon SEFM 30A BLHeliS ESC's
Emax RS2205 2300KV motors
IRC Tramp HV VTX
Foxeer HS1177 FPV camera with 2.5mm lens
FrSky XM+ Receiver
Soft mounts for FC
GoPro Session camera

Building a new one right now. Figured I'd start from scratch since I busted the frame. Upon tear down I noticed some corrosion starting on some of the components from the swim in the pool. I had spares of everything so I'm just building a new one.

Jerry

Jerry,
That sounds fun, i need a needle point soldering pen...
I was wondering if the chlorine might have an affect on your gear.
Thanks a lot for the list!!!
Keith

Jerry i have concluded that it is probably 2 things 1.wind
2.mabe a little pid tuning is needed. (That one is intimidating)

Keith

Speeder,

Those are propwash oscillations, they can be tuned out. Probably need some more D, but better to watch a youtube video on eliminating propwash oscillations.

Hey Virtue,
You are a funny guy ...i was laughing out loud when i read your post about the 35' tape measure:D

Keith
lol....funny but true!
that was the second time i've used it for this purpose. im a construction contractor so i keep it in my vehicle for estimates etc. . it works really well, just get the hook on an arm or whatever and give it a tug.

Keith,

Custom X-Ray frame from Raymon FPV
Betaflight F3 AIO FC
Aikon SEFM 30A BLHeliS ESC's
Emax RS2205 2300KV motors
IRC Tramp HV VTX
Foxeer HS1177 FPV camera with 2.5mm lens
FrSky XM+ Receiver
Soft mounts for FC
GoPro Session camera

Building a new one right now. Figured I'd start from scratch since I busted the frame. Upon tear down I noticed some corrosion starting on some of the components from the swim in the pool. I had spares of everything so I'm just building a new one.

Jerry

hi Jerry
i have the rs2205s 2300kv motors on my x210 and they never get hot, arent real hard on my batteries and have plenty of power. really good motors for less than $20 ea.
i also have the same foxeer camera on it and love it. i have a runcam owl plus on my other race quad ans its good also just doesnt have the battery osd like the foxeer. i have a gopro lense in my foxeer.

Virtue,

Yeah, I like the Emax motors and you're right, they never get warm. I've been through enough equipment now to start to see what's decent and what's junk.

Just got X-Ray V2 done and did a quick maiden flight. All systems go!

Jerry

IMG_5334.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5332.JPG
    IMG_5332.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: VirtueViolater
looks good Jerry
decided after flying my hd camera with kingkong props, not so happy with them

Getting pretty good with your flying. The GoPro is going to take some power out. Did you try he Gemfan's? I've tried quite a few now and I keep going back to them. I'm not flying as good as you are yet though. How do you have your GP strapped down? You're getting quite a bit of jello. I get it on some quads and not others but I can usually get it out with some adjusting or modifying.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007