Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

its my mount, gonna spend some time this weekend and make something decent. im using battery strap, foam and servo tape...lol
didnt have it right this flight. i think some was from the props. flew some gemfans a month or so ago and like them. still looking for the prop i want to fly and the addition of the camera has reset the search....lol
right now its the cyclones

Reactions: Jtrjr
Nice work Jerry,
Ok ,so, i had a AWSOME day flying today...no wind. Blue bird sky's.i flew my gt150 in acro mode for the first time...it is hard.
I flew my gt200 in horizon mode because i can do almost everything tha t acro does but i can use the speed. I am getting lower to the ground for longer stretches. The spinning or oscillations were not there today...it was the high winds.DA!
I got over confident and flew into the woods. Hit the switch on the radio and found it immediately. 1 bent blade...it fell through the trees to the ground from about 40 ft.whoops!:)

Peace
Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
I am testing some cyclones tomorrow.. they look bad *** .I really hope they perform great.

Keith

hi Keith, love my cyclones

@ Jerry,
my $20 1350 100c batteries will be in today, cant wait to test them. noticed they've gone up to $25, still a bargain if good. have you received yours?

The FC on my Predator X died. The 5V supply is messed up. One pad gives 0.9V, the other gives 1.8V. I think I will go with an omnibus this time and try to get the OSD working. I will have to split my AIO cam/VTX though to do it.

Trauma,

I was just getting ready to post you about the price change. I got mine yesterday, they're on the charger now. It's raining here but I'm hoping it will clear up this afternoon. They look pretty good but they are about 10g's heavier then my Turnigy Graphene 1300mah 65c 4S. Taking the little plastic cover off the (long) balance lead saved about a gram.

Jerry

IMG_5335.JPG IMG_5336.JPG

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Green,

That's too bad. I'm telling you, try the BetaFlight F3 (BFF3) AIO FC. I love this thing. Everything on one board developed for BetaFlight by Boris B himself.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: theGreenOrange
Does it fit 20mm mounting holes though? I need a micro FC for the Predator. Also, I back-ordered a Skitzo FC for my 5" quad. Probably a long wait I guess. Can't wait to try out Race Flight 1!

i'll eat my hat if you dont love it....lol
seriously awesome fc and configurator

Trauma,

I was just getting ready to post you about the price change. I got mine yesterday, they're on the charger now. It's raining here but I'm hoping it will clear up this afternoon. They look pretty good but they are about 10g's heavier then my Turnigy Graphene 1300mah 65c 4S. Taking the little plastic cover off the (long) balance lead saved about a gram.

Jerry

View attachment 736 View attachment 737

so far so good, mine charged up to 16.7v will try to fly them tomorrow
also, looks like the leads are 10 gauge copper, sweet!!!
2017-05-10 16.57.50.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
On backorder, look around, took me a minute to find the last Revolt that I ordered. You might want to check Ready Made RC and all those other u.s. shops

Reactions: theGreenOrange
couldnt wait, just went out back and flew the new battery, theyre fine. no puffing, and i give it hell, the kinda flying i did woulda puffed a 50c like a balloon. as a matter of fact, that was the warmest my emax 2600kv's have gotten so far (just slightly warm....lol)

my esc's got really hot and it was twitchy
my esc 's are dshot ready. surely dshot (digital signal) is the way of the future
if im not mistaken, dshot is the first digital signal protocal for esc's

if you join raceflight on slack, you can get a bunch of info there, even talk to the guys who started raceflight (mainly Preston)

Last edited:
Well, my test didn't go as well. Put one on my GT2 and started hauling *** (like you do), throttle at 80-90%. Started doing big loops from the back of the house out and around the big tree on the other side of my road (it's in most of my videos). Not sure how many loops I did but I was on a return towards the house and the bird and video went dead and fell out of the sky.

Took me a bit to find it but couldn't get signal or video. Battery was smokin' hot. Motors and ESC's weren't, just the battery. Put a new battery on the bird and all was good. Checked the voltage on the battery and I had run it down to 12.6v. I didn't get any warning but I wasn't paying much attention because I usually don't fly that fast. Hope the battery is alright.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV