Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Advice for my first Drone for pre-DRL

Last edited:
For FPV goggle, should I take this?
Anbee® FPV 5.8Ghz Circular Polarized Clover Leaf Antenna High Gain Aerial Set w/RP-SMA Plug https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LJ17PM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OmKhyb6JJB7WQ

And need good camera that can fit in qav-x

Anything else I need?

And what the different between pdb?

I found cc3d F4 version. For a little extra.
Realacc X210 PRO 3K Frame w/ CC3D REVO F4 Racerstar BR2205 2600KV Motor RS30A V2 Blheli_S 5X4X3 Prop
https://banggood.app.link/Dm61kvo53x

I have been using those Anbee antennas myself, but recently bought a set of highly touted yet still cheap Aomway (on banggood) ones to compare. I haven't flown the Aomway ones yet, but I suspect the Anbee ones are not so great. I will let you know how it goes once I get out to fly again.

The F4 performance is similar to the F3 from what I have read. If that CC3D can be flashed with betaflight it might be OK but you don't want to be stuck on Openpilot/Librepilot. At least not from what I have read, I haven't used it myself.

Those are some very high performance motors, based on the specs.

For the cameras, you need a 26mm x 26mm so probably a foxeer hs1177 would be your best bet, though they aren't exactly cheap. They are very good cameras, with great color and low light performance (in monochrome).

I have been using those Anbee antennas myself, but recently bought a set of highly touted yet still cheap Aomway (on banggood) ones to compare. I haven't flown the Aomway ones yet, but I suspect the Anbee ones are not so great. I will let you know how it goes once I get out to fly again.

The F4 performance is similar to the F3 from what I have read. If that CC3D can be flashed with betaflight it might be OK but you don't want to be stuck on Openpilot/Librepilot. At least not from what I have read, I haven't used it myself.

Those are some very high performance motors, based on the specs.

For the cameras, you need a 26mm x 26mm so probably a foxeer hs1177 would be your best bet, though they aren't exactly cheap. They are very good cameras, with great color and low light performance (in monochrome).
I can go pro? I able to use discount heh. £83 for f3 or £87 for F4 + pro frame.

I'll buy goggle later, I can research a bit more or might got more money to spend after payday.

Thank for camera info! I'll try find it. :)

I can go pro? I able to use discount heh. £83 for f3 or £87 for F4 + pro frame.

I'll buy goggle later, I can research a bit more or might got more money to spend after payday.

Thank for camera info! I'll try find it. :)

Reading the description, the FC in that kit should be able to run Betaflight so i don't see a problem with the PRO kit. What PDBs are you comparing?

If the receiver outputs a standard protocol like PWM, PPM, or S.BUS I suppose it would. What is the receiver model number?
MJX-X200-UFO-parts-Receiver board,PCB board

Sound like it can't. Oh well! Look like I'll have to wait next month for my spending allowance to buy taranis x9d.. it can connect to PC for drone racing league sim. Heh

MJX-X200-UFO-parts-Receiver board,PCB board

Sound like it can't. Oh well! Look like I'll have to wait next month for my spending allowance to buy taranis x9d.. it can connect to PC for drone racing league sim. Heh

IMO, there are good options cheaper than the Taranis. With the outstanding reception I get on my AT9S, the only possible performance improvement I could see would be the feel of the gimbals (but I don't even know if this is true, I haven't used Taranis). But the Taranis certainly has a huge following, and would be easier to find other BNF builds that are compatible without any mods. Happy shopping!

Reactions: Dan@3DIM
Hello! Still waiting for my drone arrive! Zzzzzzz...

While I research and I found this!

Description
https://m.banggood.com/Super-Mini-L...V-Camera-PALNTSC-for-QX90-QX95-p-1095683.html

It is 3.3v.. now is that possibly to add on my old trash drone?? Heh

And found Goggle 2 too. It's under £100. It have 78 degree FOV.

I think that camera should work fine, nice find!

About the goggles, are you talking about these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LX0140X

I think that would be a good choice. I bought the El cheapo EV800 thinking I would upgrade later. Initially I was a bit disappointed by the range, but now that I changed out the antennas to some $20 Aomway ones I am very happy. So the VR D2 should address the range issue even better, having a diversity receiver. I would think with one CP antenna, and one helical you won't have any of the issues I had initially.

And yes, helipal is slow too. I am still waiting on my SRD101. It took them 9 days to ship, and I am now on day 10 of the 6-14 day shipping estimate for a total of 19 days waiting...

Last edited:
I think that camera should work fine, nice find!

About the goggles, are you talking about these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LX0140X

I think that would be a good choice. I bought the El cheapo EV800 thinking I would upgrade later. Initially I was a bit disappointed by the range, but now that I changed out the antennas to some $20 Aomway ones I am very happy. So the VR D2 should address the range issue even better, having a diversity receiver. I would think with one CP antenna, and one helical you won't have any of the issues I had initially.

And yes, helipal is slow too. I am still waiting on my SRD101. It took them 9 days to ship, and I am now on day 10 of the 6-14 day shipping estimate for a total of 19 days waiting...

This one. I can't find on Amazon..
Description
https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Gogg...HDMI-FPV-Goggles-Video-Glasses-p-1094862.html

Yeah, those are even better! I forgot about those. 1080p is great plus it has HDMI in. You might want a 1200 line camera eventually to get the most out of that 1080 screen.

Yeah, those are even better! I forgot about those. 1080p is great plus it has HDMI in. You might want a 1200 line camera eventually to get the most out of that 1080 screen.
Yay! Heh
I'll wait for Black Friday sale. Maybe it will drop even more.

I'll looking for HD camera for my new Drone Racing. 520 will go on my old geo-3D drone.

Still looking for controller that can use for Simulator on PC.....

I havent used it yet, but the AT9S has a training port on the back for that. There is a special cable you need. I would assume all the major brands have this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya