Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Best place to buy this thing??

A.O.

Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure I want to order this DJI FPV drone in the next couple of days. Where is the best place to buy it?? Straight from DJI?? Amazon?? or is there somewhere else? Seems its the same $1299 US regardless, I hear DJI doesn't charge tax, Amazon does.. and what are the shipping times?? And shipping fees?

I went the Best Buy route. Ordered on Monday and just got a message that it’s ready for pickup. I’ll go there tomorrow.
Tax wasn’t an issue as that comes back at tax time via the accountant.
Extra batteries ordered from the DJI dealer in Phoenix. Those arrived yesterday. If DJI isn’t collecting the tax, and you can wait on them, may be worth a shot.
Part of my decision is the return policy at Best Buy. If there’s a problem, easy to remedy.

Reactions: A.O.
Yes, return policy is important as well, didn't think about Best buy, might have to lookin to that as well.

Yes, return policy is important as well, didn't think about Best buy, might have to lookin to that as well.

Amazon / Best buy : These are both good for a quick and easy Return.
You also might want to consider the FPV Protection Wet Suit in case you want to sell it and get the Air 2S .
I will you let you think on it a bit. :p that was funny.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain and keep it new.

Amazon / Best buy : These are both good for a quick and easy Return.
You also might want to consider the FPV Protection Wet Suit in case you want to sell it and get the Air 2S .
I will you let you think on it a bit. :p that was funny.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain and keep it new.
I’m actually debating selling my MA2 set up to get it

I’m actually debating selling my MA2 set up to get it
Since i know what type of flying you and I like to do , that would be perfect, The only thing you will miss is the extended flight time ,.. But if the Air 2S comes within the next 6 months, your going to want to sell this FPV if it also has the goggle capability and the lights. and the cruise control .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your FPV and fly in the Rain.

Since i know what type of flying you and I like to do , that would be perfect, The only thing you will miss is the extended flight time ,.. But if the Air 2S comes within the next 6 months, your going to want to sell this FPV if it also has the goggle capability and the lights. and the cruise control .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your FPV and fly in the Rain.
But what will the 2S do different than the 2 other than the goggles?
And the FPV has all of that right so whats special about the 2S over the FPV?

I went the Best Buy route. Ordered on Monday and just got a message that it’s ready for pickup. I’ll go there tomorrow.
Extra batteries ordered from the DJI dealer in Phoenix. Those arrived yesterday. If DJI isn’t collecting the tax, and you can wait on them, may be worth a shot.
Part of my decision is the return policy at Best Buy. If there’s a problem, easy to remedy.
They charge a 20% restocking fee. DJI give a full refund if you return within 14 days.

They charge a 20% restocking fee. DJI give a full refund if you return within 14

I normally order from drone nerds quick shipping and haven’t had any issues so far, but if you think you may want to return it later Best Buy will refund the full amount no questions asked, returned my mini 2 a few months ago

But what will the 2S do different than the 2 other than the goggles?
And the FPV has all of that right so whats special about the 2S over the FPV?
noone knows what the Air 2S is going to be, or features it will have... if it was a major upgrade, surely it would be called Air 3.

given regulation changes (particularly here in EU, and the C ratings), Id not be surprised if its to bring in line with regulations.
these kind of things, are possibly 'necessary', but would not warrant a version number increment.
they could also move it over to using O3, but why do this with the Air only... you'd perhaps expect this to be done on the Mavic Pro?

but its all mere speculation, given all we have seen leaked is the filing with a new name ;)

as for buying, DJI I think are fast for shipping main unit... just becareful on things like fly more pack... which here in the EU, they dont seem to have, yet some retailers do have.
(of course, you could buy the main pack from DJI, and source fly more pack elsewhere, which Im kind of wishing I had done !)

no one knows what the Air 2S is going to be, or features it will have... if it was a major upgrade, surely it would be called Air 3.

given regulation changes (particularly here in EU, and the C ratings), Id not be surprised if its to bring in line with regulations.
these kind of things, are possibly 'necessary', but would not warrant a version number increment.
they could also move it over to using O3, but why do this with the Air only... you'd perhaps expect this to be done on the Mavic Pro?

but its all mere speculation, given all we have seen leaked is the filing with a new name ;)

as for buying, DJI I think are fast for shipping main unit... just becareful on things like fly more pack... which here in the EU, they dont seem to have, yet some retailers do have.
(of course, you could buy the main pack from DJI, and source fly more pack elsewhere, which Im kind of wishing I had done !)
Yeah, when I got the Air 2, I got just the main set up and then added on from there...

I was thinking the Air 2S, the S might stand for Sport or something.. I did hear is going to have the OC3 but who knows for sure..

Reactions: thetechnobear
They charge a 20% restocking fee. DJI give a full refund if you return within 1
But no tax? Really?
if so that saves me $104 plus free shipping
well in my cart DJI charged me tax. I live in NJ.

They charge a 20% restocking fee.
3rd time you say that but I doubt they intend to return it, it's just easier to handle things locally if the product has a warranty-covered issue.

3rd time you say that but I doubt they intend to return it, it's just easier to handle things locally if the product has a warranty-covered issue.
I might of said that 3 times. I bought a mini from them. When I got home I noticed the charging port was bad. I took it back to exchange it since I bought online shipped to the store. They charged me 20%. I was pissed and talked to the manager. They wouldn’t budge on it.

Well looks like this thread is more pertinent now! I just sold my whole MA2 set up and if the guy really shows up (he said he is on the way) with the money it will be time for me to order!!

I know I can get it in 3-4-5 days from amazon, how long does it take if I order from DJI?

MAN I hope I didn't just make a big mistake!

I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday, I’ll get tomorrow. I ordered the battery kit from B&H photo I’ll get that Wednesday. Or you could order everything from B&H. I got the drone from Amazon in case I hate it then it’s easy to return it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18