Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

Very cool, first thing I noticed was your skin, nice I like it!
Where does the large charging block go?
Thanks, I use Jergens and avoid too much sun... Oh the drone...
Where the Motion Controller is now... My only complaint. Good news is I don't carry it with me day to day anyway. I'll have 5 batteries and the car charger with a multiport with me in the car. As far as travel goes, if I fly, I'll make a choice or pack it with my clothes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Thanks, I use Jergens and avoid too much sun... Oh the drone...
Where the Motion Controller is now... My only complaint. Good news is I don't carry it with me day to day anyway. I'll have 5 batteries and the car charger with a multiport with me in the car. As far as travel goes, if I fly, I'll make a choice or pack it with my clothes.
I also see you removed your arm bracers... Due to the skin, or the case arrangement?

Last edited:
Hey Pinpoint, last resort but feel free to show them this thread. I am perplexed that they weren’t quick to acknowledge that their case has a HUGE design flaw which lets these 6S LiPO batteries to bump around! That’s a potential fire hazard.

I think this is their chance to earn some great customer goodwill with this crowd (or lose tons of it) by not charging you the restocking fee and acknowledging that they have to redo their design... I mean, they have a great product concept, but arguing with a potential customer on a conceptual design flaw is just silliness.

I would recommend making a video with your foam separators as well as without them. If you can hear the batteries rattling inside (without foam separators) it should be on the video.
And pinpoint if you show them this thread and they redo the foam tell them we would be interested in a group buy. They could sell maybe 5-6 cases and make a bunch of friends...

So I was talking to B&W on their youtube of the B&W outdoor.case type 6000 for DJI FPV Combo, and just sent them an email asking about pricing to ship to me, time to do so, and availability of the orange one.
We shall see what they have to say.

And here is the video of the redesigned foam in the box, so once again I am leaning towards the B&W case..

Last edited:
I also see you removed you arm bracers... Due to the skin, or the case arrangement?
I removed them for the skin and thought about reinstalling... unfortunately, the braces are VERY TIGHT so the skin week have to be removed at that point. Not a huge deal but a consideration. FWIW the drone fits in the case with the braces on and the 2 batteries still fit in. With the braces on the drone still barely raises above the top and there's very slight downward pressure. Some might like that.

BTW I have the distributor looking into importing more in a group. I was right, the minimum shipping rate is $250 to the distributor so they would want to import a dozen to make it make sense unless approx 6 guys want to drop $300 each. Oh and you can get whatever color they offer. The distributor settled for black and yellow. They are calling me later to let me know the final cost. If it makes sense, I'll post the info. I think they are thinking break even on 6 with the next 6 being profit. Fair enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.O.
Just ordered the backpack version from MC cases:

whatsapp_image_2021-03-09_at_17.24.12.jpeg

Same storage options as the hard case, same price, but with additional general storage on the outside, and... it's a backpack.

This has usually been my choice for storage -- something I can wear if necessary. I do hike to places now and then with a drone (rarely, but it happens), sometimes take the drone on a more expansive outing (like picnic with family), etc., and the backpack capability is so useful.

I received an email from OVT this is the what they said:
All well and good, however if you still would like to keep this case... you can politely make the claim that you would rather remain a loyal customer with OmniTech, instead of taking blind bets on future iteration and “fixes”. Made me laugh that didn’t even acknowledge the motion sensor haha

honestly better cases exist for the money.

Same storage options as the hard case, same price, but with additional general storage on the outside, and... it's a backpack.

This has usually been my choice for storage -- something I can wear if necessary. I do hike to places now and then with a drone (rarely, but it happens), sometimes take the drone on a more expansive outing (like picnic with family), etc., and the backpack capability is so useful.
Or if you want the best of both world’s get a modular backpack conversion system.

Looks like a nice case but I’m pretty rough on stuff I need a hard case.
Most of my mobile tools also have hard cases just keeps them safer

Looks like a nice case but I’m pretty rough on stuff I need a hard case.
Most of my mobile tools also have hard cases just keeps them safer
Yup, hard cases is what I prefer as well. I was linking the backpack harness kit for hard cases to rktman

Reactions: Halifax
I get you guys ?

Since I'm not that rough The soft ones have worked out well for me. Plus, more comfortable for hiking a few hours than that conversion kit looks :oops:

Received another email from OVT. I’ve replied requesting an ETA for the replacement foam

Attachments

• 4C3C0988-A34C-4C2A-9878-D12A3DBB406A.jpeg
    4C3C0988-A34C-4C2A-9878-D12A3DBB406A.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 9
Well I sent the email to the guy I was directed to at B&W and nothing..did another comment on the youtube video, and nothing there either...

Still looking for a decent case!!!

Well I sent the email to the guy I was directed to at B&W and nothing..did another comment on the youtube video, and nothing there either...

Still looking for a decent case!!!
This is infuriating isn’t it? I placed an order for MC hard case and it will be a good 4 weeks till I get it. Every American case is a stupid copy of the other; none of them have the props on utility

if I could get any props on case right now, I’d buy it instantly. I want props on... is that so hard GPC? PGYTECH?

also I find it surprising that these companies were not given a heads up by DJI pre launch

Reactions: Halifax and A.O.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi