Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Wizard x220 not taking off

bpettis

Reaction score
I've setup using a config from this site, updated firmware to F4 and setup propellers in Quad X 1234 config and its not taking off please help!

Need much more info than not taking off. In which way is it not taking off? Motors spin but doesn't lift? Does your tx inputs show on BF receiver tab?

Need much more info than not taking off. In which way is it not taking off? Motors spin but doesn't lift? Does your tx inputs show on BF receiver tab?

Yes, the motors spin up and it leans forward back left right but it doesn't lift. let me check those settings this evening and get back to you.

Sounds like the props are correct if I read your post correctly. I do the same thing before each flight, pitch slightly forward and back, roll slightly left and right, to see that the quad lifts in that direction so I know all is ok.

So what happens when you give throttle? Does the motor RPM increase? If it arms and tilts in each direction, not sure why you couldn't get the throttle to liftoff.

Sounds like the props are correct if I read your post correctly. I do the same thing before each flight, pitch slightly forward and back, roll slightly left and right, to see that the quad lifts in that direction so I know all is ok.

So what happens when you give throttle? Does the motor RPM increase? If it arms and tilts in each direction, not sure why you couldn't get the throttle to liftoff.

yeah it sounds like its really trying to lift off and I can get it to lean just not take off

So full throttle and you still just sit on the ground still?
What props are you running, the King Kong 5040's that come with it? Are you sure they are tight?

Reactions: Wayno52
Let's compare, in this vid I give about 1/4 to 1/3 stick travel on pitch or roll only to get it to lift like this. How much stick do you give it to do the same sanity check before liftoff? This is a great way to test FC orientation setting and proper prop installation before trying to liftoff and fly.

Let's compare, in this vid I give about 1/4 to 1/3 stick travel on pitch or roll only to get it to lift like this. How much stick do you give it to do the same sanity check before liftoff? This is a great way to test FC orientation setting and proper prop installation before trying to liftoff and fly.

okay ill see about this

Reactions: Wayno52
Another thing if it's not prop/motors, are you using the charger that came with the Wizard? I wonder if it's not putting in the capacity therefore not giving you enough power for lift?
That's a great thought, there is so much to this hobby that someone new may not know that the battery is low.

Yes. Make sure all cells are working within your battery or they won't have enough 'juice' to power your ESCs/ motors Use a multimeter and check your battery (3s - 11.1Vdc or 4s - 14.8Vdc). Also, if the battery is good, make sure your ESCs are all calibrated properly. Have a vid clip of it trying to take off?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue. Brand new eachine wizard, I've not been able to get it off the ground at all, it never seems to have enough lift to even attempt taking off, it just sits there and spins.

Here's my setup:

FlySky Transmitter with fsia6b receiver connected via ibus
Battery: 1300mah / 75c / 11.1 3S (at time of test, voltage was around 3.75 per cell
Stock purple props, I've triple checked they're on correctly: props labelled with R are on the motor stems with the black hex nuts, non-Rs on the silver
BetaFlight 3.1, the receiver section shows a min throttle of ~1004, max of 2000. Under the setup tab, the craft's orientation seems correct, it pitches and yaws according to how I turn the drone in my hand. I've calibrated ESCs many times

Like I said, this is brand new, no other problems in terms of setup, I've religiously followed Josh Bardwell's setup video. Any ideas on what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax