Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

first 2 flights and... broke something lol(plus questions)

simika

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
hello guys.. I start with the picture and then I explain :
b7f4775fb3b04e2b6a9d85d601d1b9a4.jpg

in these 2 first flights I understood how difficult (and different from my mavic) a fpv drone is.. i've been doing baby steps but is hard to tame that thing!
today I was learning how to throttle without going up to the moon and without hard drop it on the ground! it did fell many times and actually on the less hard impact front right motore went off cutting those cables that connect "leds"!
now the QUESTIONS
1) I noticed(and that gave me some troubles) that as soon as I'd give throttle the quad would move backward (slowly but still...) shouldn't it just go up? right stick was in the middle(always) might be some sort of bad calibration? if that moving backwards isn't normal(no touching right stick) how can I check over betaflight?
2)I've lost screws on that motor.. probably screws where not tight enough.. do you check screws before every flight? with loctite they would stay on, no need to check?
3) how do you take your drone to the field? I come fromavic experience.. it fold itself so easy to bring anwyeh5.. but wizard x220s and fpv quads generally are not foldable...
4) do you keep props on from home to the place where you'll fly?
I know many questions.. probably I need to buy a solder and learn to use it lol.. which solder?

thanks to every kind heart willing to teach a noob

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

now the QUESTIONS
1) I noticed(and that gave me some troubles) that as soon as I'd give throttle the quad would move backward (slowly but still...) shouldn't it just go up? right stick was in the middle(always) might be some sort of bad calibration? if that moving backwards isn't normal(no touching right stick) how can I check over betaflight?

That is not normal, go to receiver tab in betaflight with your radio connected. See what value the pitch axis shows, it should be 1500us. If it isn't, use the sub-trim and endpoints menus in your radio to get the desired endpoints and center point. Typicaly 1000us min, 1500us mid, 2000us max.
2)I've lost screws on that motor.. probably screws where not tight enough.. do you check screws before every flight? with loctite they would stay on, no need to check?

I haven't had this happen but loctite should take care of it. I don't check them often or use loctite.
3) how do you take your drone to the field? I come fromavic experience.. it fold itself so easy to bring anwyeh5.. but wizard x220s and fpv quads generally are not foldable...

Most guys use a backpack. I use a LowePro Quadguard backpack. UAVfutures has a review video on some other packs.

4) do you keep props on from home to the place where you'll fly?
I know many questions.. probably I need to buy a solder and learn to use it lol.. which solder?

I keep the props on since they fit in my backpack. I would get the thinnest rosin core lead solder they have at the store. I think the stuff I use is .026 inch.

Reactions: simika
wonderful :) my curiosity also paid ehehe.. last night I started to look around those values.. now i work on them :)

ok i made settings " perfect " this morning.. and i made some tests indoor and outdoor.. this is what happen, drone lift up but also moves straight but i'm just giving throttle..
anty ideas? this is the video:

looks to me as tho your battery's center of gravity is off
hey mate thanks for your hint.. actually in the front should be located the external camera (gopro) which might indeed balance it.. mmm I might try tonight..

BUT Anyone could just answer this simple question :
when you go throttle up without touching right stick does your drone i lying take off without any side movement?

or is that (what u see in the video) normal?

Last edited:
It looks like you are just taking off too slow. There is a ton of prop wash until you get a couple feet off the ground which will cause all kinds of movements. They like to be popped up off the ground relatively quickly. Try giving it about the same amount of throttle, but instead of gradually raising it, raise it quickly. Let us know how that test goes. Also, you did calibrate the accelerometer on a level surface, yes?

Reactions: simika
@theGreenOrange yes calibrated on level surface.. about more throttle I will.. just got scared when I made it first time and I saw that thing going up so fast lol! I try these things and to center battery since I didn't install gopro yet...

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebchopra