Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

If the Goggles work with the Air 2S being released on April 15th are you likely to Get one of them ?

The A85 is high on my list to bash around my backyard with. Really hoping the next firmware will allow the DJI remote to work with the Caddx system. Now that I have the FPV bug I see lots of hobby level crash-able/fixable drones in my future. I would just like to be able to use the DJI remote and goggles with them all.
Same, but couldn't hold out for the firmware with that cheap T-lite RC. I'll bet $100 extra starts to look pretty doable -- especially when you might use it in the future for a self-built.

Also, I'm not a Rockefeller or something, but with what I spent to get the A85 (forgot to list the batteries -- that puts it closer to 350) another 90 didn't seem like such a stretch to get it in the air.

And what a good decision it was... ;)

Does the caddx system control both the video feed and the controller input signals? I thought those were two separate things in FPV? (Sorry for the noob question, just following this thread with great interest...)
Yes, and if you're willing to spend $300 for the DJI RC v1, you're all set. Since I (and everyone here pretty much) have the v2 FPV controller, only the goggles work with Vista, and you need a separate analog control channel and RC.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thanks so much for the explanatory comments guys! I love how this community gets together to help some DJI-sporting noobs out, you guys are the best!

Reactions: A.O.
So all the leaked info has no mention of the Air 2S supporting the goggles. The drone is confirmed to support both 2.4GHz and 5.8Ghz as well as OcuSync 3.0 but none of the press material speaks of compatibility with the goggles. Maybe DJI will release this in a future firmware or maybe they will decide not to offer the goggles support with this drone.

This is from one of the Posts in the Mavic Forum as there may be some support coming

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect Your DJI FPV and fly in the Rain.

screenshot_60.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18