Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lipo Battery Short

Reaction score
So I was flying the drone and the balance connector went through the rotors causing some of the leads to short. Seeing as I need a new set of underwear after the experience do I need to buy a new battery aswell? All the cells are at a good voltage - about 3.7V each so can I just resolder them onto a new jst-xh connector like this JST-XH 2S 3S 4S 5S 6S LiPo Balance Cable Charging Power Wire 10CM
It has no signs of swelling or damage otherwise. Also how do you work out which cell is which? I just used the multimeter and found the cells with 3.7v between them. Is there any other way to double check? Presumably its quite important to get right.

Cheers

It's very important to get right. I bought new balance leads off amazon, slid on shrink tube, soldered them up, and shrunk the tube. Once you open it up it'll make more sense. So start with the red on the lead and work your way over from there. Red to red, the wire next to red goes on the first black, ect. Double check with your multimeter, or I bought one of those $2 cell checkers. The cell checker will tell you if you got it correct because if you don't it'll tell you its faulted.
I'm sure I'm about as clear as mud but like I said, it'll make more sense when you open the pack up
balance.png

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Eachine98379872
So I was flying the drone and the balance connector went through the rotors causing some of the leads to short. Seeing as I need a new set of underwear after the experience do I need to buy a new battery aswell? All the cells are at a good voltage - about 3.7V each so can I just resolder them onto a new jst-xh connector like this JST-XH 2S 3S 4S 5S 6S LiPo Balance Cable Charging Power Wire 10CM
It has no signs of swelling or damage otherwise. Also how do you work out which cell is which? I just used the multimeter and found the cells with 3.7v between them. Is there any other way to double check? Presumably its quite important to get right.

Cheers
The battery is probably fine. The short couldn't have lasted long if the voltages are as reported. Replace the damaged leads and charge the initial charge after the repair on a lower current to be safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix