Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

VirtueViolater

Reaction score
Figured I would do a post about quad stuff im learning the hard way. Anyone is welcome to post here.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Cut-down your receiver antennas or they will cut themselves down20170506_101126.jpgAlso, you can't have too many batteries, flew every battery I had today probably killing a couple 50c paks because I didn't satisfy my need for airtime...lol.
My camera came in while I was at my spot... will post some flight vids soon as I figure it out.

20170506_121645.jpg 20170506_114932.jpg
Fixed!
Pic of my camera (Polaroid cube), less than 1/2 the cost of a gp. Thinking it'll eventually be destroyed...lol. tried kingkong 5x4x3 props, not bad and cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Futuramille
Virtue,

How do you cut them down? I thought they needed to be a certain length to be "tuned" properly? I just installed a FrSky XM+ in my GT2 and the antenna's are really long.

Been flying all dat too. About 8 3S and 7 4S so far. Recharging some 4S now, got 8 3S ready to go. Wrecking quads today, mostly props. Trying to learn to fly low and in the trees. Having a pretty good day so far.

I've tried a lot of different props and I have to say I like my dumb GemFam Tri-blades the best. They take a hell of a beating and easily bent back into shape. I like the Cyclones too, they seem to be a bit sharper but not quite as durable.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
as far as cutting down receiver antennas, they dont neccsarily have to be tuned to a certain freq. like a transmitter but i do try to leave as much exposed coax core as they did. I just cut it to length then skin back the insulation and shield braid to leave the core exposed. You can leave the insulation on the core.
@ Orange,
Love rotor riot, Steele and all those guys edit: if you are using telemetry, matching exposed length on receiver antenna is important. telemetry is a transmitted signal

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I flew my DIATONE crusader gt 200 for the first time today....
15-28 mph winds,! Flew 5-4s packs and then the wind really kicked up...I really want to get the telemetry that shows up on my dominator 3s max height,speed ,distance...etc
Can anyone tell me how ,exactly to do that. GP works AWSOME.

Keith

Hey also ,can someone tell me exactly how to upload photos and video to this forum...I t would be great to share....I learned that the stock tilt on my GT200 is not steep enough....GPV footage is looking at grass to much

Keith

what you want for your dominators is on screen display. some cameras have it built in and theres also fc's with osd. you can get small pcb osd as well. they all have to be configured in one way or another, your best bet is youtube. i wouldnt be suprised if your crusader has osd already

Keith,

Sounds like you had a great day! Me too! I can't believe the GP mount isn't steep enough, you must be going super fast. The FPV camera may need to be adjusted but I'm surprised you're looking at grass on your GoPro. The OSD should have shown up automatically. You will need to download MSOSD to change settings and enable things. You won't get speed or altitude. You're just going to get battery info flight modes, throttle percentage, flight time, etc. there is a separate mini USB port on the lower left side of your bird when looking at it from the back, that's for the VTX and OSD. You will access it using MSOSD. You should be able to find i9nfo as others have said, on YT.

Jerry

the fpv camera is tilted up almost as far as it will go...but the Go Pro is on a much lower angle.
i am obviously still fine tuning camera angle and so on but yes i am teaching myself to fly low to the ground and as fast as i dare

SPEEDER!!!!!!!!

I am auto loading the 5 videos i took today to icloud as we speak...i am going to try to edit one and post it .

Hi Jerry, my osd shows a list of things it could do with values of 0 and the osd shows fluctuating voltage readouts that is cool
but i did some punch outs on a 1550 4s 75c and it was gone ....up straight up in a damm hurry... i just want to know how high
and how long it took to get there...

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax