Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

XM+ blinking red light problem

JoshThom

Reaction score
Hey all,

I decided to tryout the Nazgul5 as my friend bought one and let me fly it-- I thought it was pretty smooth. Now there are some problems with mine...

When I try to bind my XM+ receiver to my Taranis qx7 I get green-red solid lights. I stop the bind process and re-power my quad, which then gives me a flashing red light... no bind.

Anyone know what I'm dealing with here?

Thanks.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you've got the transmitter too close to the receiver. Try moving it a few feet away to see if you still have the flashing red light.

Reactions: mrmund
The first thing that comes to mind is that you've got the transmitter too close to the receiver. Try moving it a few feet away to see if you still have the flashing red light.
Hm. I don’t think that could be it because I still get the blink without transmitter on :(

Those LED patterns mean it didn't bind. Probably mismatched firmware on the radio's RF module and the receiver, FrSky now have "V1" and "V2" ACCST and they must match.

Reactions: okw
I had similar problems with a FrSky XM+ and binding to a Jumper T-lite OpenTX radio.

I was trying the FrSkyX and even FrSky X2 protocols, I power up the receiver with bind held, got the red and green solid...
After binding, the green light would go out, instead of the red, which would mean successful bind.

I watched a ton of youtube videos, and finally found ones in Thai, that I couldn't understand the spoken, but words were in English...
Basically, I had to flash the XM+ receiver with the legacy firmware to get it to work...

How far away is your transmitter when you have this problem?
If TX is too close it can cause loss of signal. Mine does it unless I'm a couple of meters away from the qwad

Reactions: NeoCloneOne and okw
I had similar problems with a FrSky XM+ and binding to a Jumper T-lite OpenTX radio.

I was trying the FrSkyX and even FrSky X2 protocols, I power up the receiver with bind held, got the red and green solid...
After binding, the green light would go out, instead of the red, which would mean successful bind.

I watched a ton of youtube videos, and finally found ones in Thai, that I couldn't understand the spoken, but words were in English...
Basically, I had to flash the XM+ receiver with the legacy firmware to get it to work...
Hey! So I think this is where I'm at as well-- what kind of cables do you use to flash the firmware, or is this something I can do in betaflight? I'm sorry, I've never had this issue before so I literally don't even know where to start for flashing :D

Hey! So I think this is where I'm at as well-- what kind of cables do you use to flash the firmware, or is this something I can do in betaflight? I'm sorry, I've never had this issue before so I literally don't even know where to start for flashing :D
Did you ever figure it out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax