Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata 2 unstable gimbal in Headtracking mode

AlanzFPV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Update: video link below.
Update #2: Fixed! Updated firmware and calibrated literally everything. I suspect calibrating the IMU and compass on the goggles was what actually fixed it but that’s a guess.
New video here:

Question for all: What is your experience flying in headtracking mode, specifically does the gimbal jerk or lurch on you during flight? I have tried it twice so far and I get a continual jerk while flying in normal mode. Only happens when using head tracking, which is only possible when flying with the motion controller. The stabilization takes care of most of it but not all, but that's not the point. My guess is the gimbal is having trouble parsing commands coming from the goggles and the motion controller at the same time?? Wondering if this is known behavior or if I have a defective unit.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah it's a bit jerky, but then head tracking has never been an appropriate way to get smooth video.

Reactions: Dan
Maybe post a video sample from aircraft and goggles?

Then no, haven't seen that in a static position, only movement not being perfectly smooth while rotating the head. That said I don't think I've ever had HT on for more than a minute at a time.

Maybe try doing a calibration of the goggles while on the field. You don't have anything 3rd party attached to the goggles, right?

Then no, haven't seen that in a static position, only movement not being perfectly smooth while rotating the head. That said I don't think I've ever had HT on for more than a minute at a time.

Maybe try doing a calibration of the goggles while on the field. You don't have anything 3rd party attached to the goggles, right?
Yeah calibration sounds like a good idea. I’ll try that. It’s acting like the gimbal has reached a limit but it hasn’t.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EranR