Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Impressions

OMG i just made it all the way down the River past the bridges and out to the LAKE on 25 Sats under 60 ft have no idea why I did not loose the signal.
This is way to much fun for you AO , Its not so much the drone for me as the Googles I want them for my other drones , Its a game changer.

Tested out flying close to the water, and tree tops...

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.O.
OMG i just made it all the way down the River past the bridges and out to the LAKE on 25 Sats under 60 ft have no idea why I did not loose the signal.
This is way to much fun for you AO , Its not so much the drone for me as the Googles I want them for my other drones , Its a game changer.

Tested out flying close to the water, and tree tops...

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and Land on Water.
OUTSTANDING!! I like the wide angle and the props in the picture! You were flirting with some of those branches that's for sure! You'd never catch me dong that! ;-) How does that all look through the goggles? Like you are up there flying along?
So what was the distance out? and why would you think you would lose signal with 25 sats?
That is Lake Erie yes?
Thanks, I enjoyed that!!!

OUTSTANDING!! I like the wide angle and the props in the picture! You were flirting with some of those branches that's for sure! You'd never catch me dong that! ;-) How does that all look through the goggles? Like you are up there flying along?
So what was the distance out? and why would you think you would lose signal with 25 sats?
That is Lake Erie yes?
Thanks, I enjoyed that!!!
The number of Sats does not mean anything if your signal gets blocked, and I was flying fairly low with no visual line without trees in the way.
This makes it harder to keep signal than just flying high, The trip was only 2000 ft. out 7000 ft is possible even with the head winds.

I just tested the Rescue Jacket for the DJI FPV and its awesome. Because that weight is on the back , its a game changer for being able to float and negotiate waves with the camera being well protected.

Last edited:
a few people now trying long range tests... this one seems to have pretty much nailed it. (others have wind to contend with)

4km, ~ 2.5mi .. so thats an 8km roundtrip

they seem to have clear sight, no wind (?), sports mode, turned around at 40% battery, landing with 20% - 3 out of 4 bars signals.
so unsurprisingly range seems to be determined by battery life, rather than radio
you could probably squeeze a bit more out, if you dont mind potentially landing somewhere other than home :)

that all seems pretty good to me for this kind of drone.
at the end of the day, if you are flying closer to the ground -you're going to get (sight) obstructions easily before this kind of distance.

Then whats the point ?

from a legal standpoint, if you want to take some aerial footage but don't have a spotter this could be useful.
(though, its not of much use unless DJI enables, some telemetry on phone display)

but I can't see myself wanting to use it...

no wind (?)
Based on the sound, i‘m thinking he had a head wind going out and a tail wind going home. That would explain the smaller percentage of battery used on the way home. Also much less rpm on the downwind.

And this may be the Achilles heel for several lost drones.
Yet to be seen?
Exactly. Battery usage is not always linear on this drone.

Then whats the point ?
Well, it's a faster drone, does flips and crap, gives a different perspective. Besides, I'm waiting for my corrective lenses from RHO-Lens. As of now, I'm getting headaches. Besides, it's another tool in the belt and allows me to be less nervous when flying alone when there are other people around. Why not?

Well, it's a faster drone, does flips and crap, gives a different perspective. Besides, I'm waiting for my corrective lenses from RHO-Lens. As of now, I'm getting headaches. Besides, it's another tool in the belt and allows me to be less nervous when flying alone when there are other people around. Why not?
To each thier own I guess...

Reactions: Kilrah
LOL! I was just giving you a hard time! It's all good. This hobby is build around people doing all sorts of things to get different POV or capabilities. When I first read your message, it just made me think of this guy for some reason.

Attachments

• cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 3
I have a open monitor on my MA2, part of the reason for going to this is the goggles and First Person View!
Were seeing a lot of Potential for a Search and Rescue Drone with a Second Battery Hack most likely coming soon.
DJI left the door wide open for this to be hacked. I started a thread on the idea . Talk soon AO>

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI FPV in and out of the Storm.

LOL! I was just giving you a hard time! It's all good. This hobby is build around people doing all sorts of things to get different POV or capabilities. When I first read your message, it just made me think of this guy for some reason.
No problem. It's like when guys bought the DJI Goggles for their Mavics... Same thing, right? I didn't say, "this is what happens when FPV guys buy a Mavic..."

No problem. It's like when guys bought the DJI Goggles for their Mavics... Same thing, right? I didn't say, "this is what happens when FPV guys buy a Mavic..."
It's a little amusing to me since I've been flying FPV for a decade on fixed wing and over 6 years on racing drones. It's an experience that many have not had before and watching people's reactions to their first experiences with FPV brings me back. It's all good! I get it! People are very excited and want to share. No disrespect intended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster