Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hi I’m looking to get into this hobby and have a few questions....

Definitely going to watch this... I have the prebuilt ones coming in kinda don’t want to solder anything till I need to.. confused about software does everyone just use beta flight? And how do you download it I went to their site but couldn’t find the link...

What software you use depends on the Flight Controller, but as Fast and Curious said... Betaflight is by far the most popular... and it is what will be preinstalled on the drones you are talking about.

This is an older video based on an older version of betaflight... but pretty much all of the information is still valid:

Reactions: kangusmangus
Already having issues go figure... beta flight 10.7.1 won’t instal too my cpu it gets stuck... downloaded 10.8 but am scared to use it cuz of the warning... gonna watch a few videos I guess

Is it bad if I try and use an old version like 10.3.1 since that’s what the video uses?

Ok so binding has been a pain. Every video I find seems to be wrong about binding the tango 2. Seems now you plug it in and hit bind and hit the button in the drone. When I plug my battery into my drone it makes a popping sound. Pretty scared imma break something tbh

And I hit the bind button that’s supposed to make it turn green to bind and it stays red... very frustrating finally figured out how to bind on controller but can’t get drone to bind

Finally got it to turn green and found bind on controller... both are flashing by but they won’t turn solid and bind... ugh:/

So the light flashes green on drone which means the firmware isn’t the right version? My problem is is that my receiver doesn’t even show up in agent x to change firmware?? Tbs nano is what I ordered pre hooked up and it won’t bind to tbs remote

Finally got it to work by holding button down for 2 seconds while green flashed intensely to reset firmware which let controller bind somehow idk lol. All this stuff is so picky def excited to just fly.... if anybody has a channel or anything they’d reccomend besides me just looking up stuff blindly that would be helpful

So update. Finally got up and flying.... maybe my problem with the flashing lights with crossfire will be easier for someone else if they see this...

I got everything running!!!! Flying around house in los gonna try outside tomorrow if weather isn’t terrible... how durable are these drones? And can they fly in light rain? I’m assuming anything too windy or wet will end them? What about snow? Thanks for all the help guys. Once I figured out how to band on the jumper I’ve really liked it

Wind is more about the pilot. Wet is harmful and very wet grass could fry a board. If someone wanted to chase something over a lake or the sea they would put an empty plastic water bottle strapped on so the quad floats, and unplug underwater. Those quads were not badly damaged. The brushless motors, if they get wet, you might get rust mostly on the screws. The green hornet will be very robust if you fly over grass. Some people rinse their quads off with a hose (no battery) and leave it to dry for a few days on a radiator.

What you are/have going/gone through is exactly why DJI has sold so many DJI FPV kits.

The easiest way is get the DJI FPV (about the same $$ as buying a digital FPV drone, goggles, controller, batteries, charger etc) and it WORKS.

If u r are a keen hobbyist and fiddler maybe go the fpv direction but be warned it ain't easy ........

So update... I now own two transmitters a tango and a jumper 12... love both... have an acrobee and a nano nazgul and a green hornet cinewhoop... as well as a regular sized nazgul and more on the way... have gotten good at driving inside can rip around and through tiny places with ease in horizon mode... can do acro inside but it’s not worth it... found out how to throttle scale to make my 6s cinewhoop fly like a 4s at 70% throttle... and I get 10 minute fly times with 3.7 storage voltage at the end of flight! Really loving this hobby and happy I’ve went the FPV route over dji! That acrobee is the best beginner drone thing is a tank. I wrecked in a dog bowl second flight and broke the drone. Shoved it in rice waited a day good as new and now I’m doing flips in acrobee outside and all kinds of fun stuff... had to change a prop on the acrobee though. Not a fan of doing that on the small drones feels like you will break them putting new props on... But yeah loving this hobby thanks for the help so far guys! Hopefully I won’t need more I’m sure I will though lol

Reactions: okw
What you are/have going/gone through is exactly why DJI has sold so many DJI FPV kits.

The easiest way is get the DJI FPV (about the same $$ as buying a digital FPV drone, goggles, controller, batteries, charger etc) and it WORKS.

If u r are a keen hobbyist and fiddler maybe go the fpv direction but be warned it ain't easy ........
Personally, I wouldn't recommend the DJI FPV, I advise staying away from fpv drones that are made of plastic, Karerea Talon v2 is fine, however it is even more of an issue with a heavy drone like the DJI FPV. The durability of it is pretty poor, nothing like an actual fpv drone. When the DJI FPV breaks you have to post it to DJI and pay someone to fix it. Some places do that for fpv drones as well just you have the option to fix a traditional fpv drone yourself. A very good fpv drone battery costs a third of the price, that a DJI FPV battery costs. You can't upgrade to different motors, electronics, goggles or anything. I think it may have damaged the hobby as it is advertised as a beginner friendly drone and is as expensive as the best real fpv drone but breaks so easily and is expensive to get fixed and takes likely weeks to get it fixed. Why does DJI name a drone after this hobby?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz