Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hi I’m looking to get into this hobby and have a few questions....

From a beginners perspective... this is why I avoided the dji in general... Every drone is like an extra 100 bucks... and that drone does look really breakable. Also the singular ecosystem made me go with learning the basics of FPV and how to bind etc

Hi there guys...
Reposting here... I've been flying regular drones... I found my call...
I'm switching to FPV. But I need some help...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi everyone...
I'm just new to the hobby and doing lots of research before ordering my stuffs... I'm also on a limited budget...
The setup I'm thinking about is this :

- RadioMaster TX16S Hall Sensor Gimbals 2.4G 16CH Multi-Protocol RF System OpenTX Mode2 Transmitter​

- HappyModel ES24TX Pro 1000mW 2.4G ExpressLRS ELRS Micro TX Module with Cooling Fan​

- Pavo25 Whoop Quadcopter (Analog VTx + Express LRS 2.4Ghz)​

- EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles w/ DVR​

OR​

- Fat Shark Dominator HDO 2 FPV Goggles

Does it all make sense? Any advice or particular hints?
Also, I wanted to know since the radio is 2.4 Ghz, wouldn't it be a problem if goggles are 5.8 Ghz? I'm really concerned if these all match together...
Please let me know any source or hints to get more knowledge on fpv.

Thanks guys...

Dimi​

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy

Does it all make sense? Any advice or particular hints?​

Also, I wanted to know since the radio is 2.4 Ghz, wouldn't it be a problem if goggles are 5.8 Ghz? I'm really concerned if these all match together...​

Please let me know any source or hints to get more knowledge on fpv.​

Thanks guys...​

Dimi​

Hey Dimi, the gear you mention all see like good choices.
Regarding goggles, Skyzone 04x seem to be the new standard and I think similar price to HDO2.

2.4ghz and 5.8ghz play well together, in fact this is the standard setup for 99% of FPV folks.

One thing I’ll mention if budget is a real concern, check your local classifieds. If in the USA for example search Craigslist. I’ve bought almost all my gear used, for half price and never had a bad experience. A ton of people start in this hobby, spend a bunch of money, and then either upgrade or quit for various reasons.

Goggles like HDOs and Skyzone 04x have HDMI inputs which means you could upgrade from analog to HDZERO eventually. Though a lot of people have had the HDMI ports fail on the HDO2 goggles, so again the 04X seem like a better choice.

Long response, but hopefully helpful. Cheers!

Reactions: okw
Hey Dimi, the gear you mention all see like good choices.
Regarding goggles, Skyzone 04x seem to be the new standard and I think similar price to HDO2.

2.4ghz and 5.8ghz play well together, in fact this is the standard setup for 99% of FPV folks.

One thing I’ll mention if budget is a real concern, check your local classifieds. If in the USA for example search Craigslist. I’ve bought almost all my gear used, for half price and never had a bad experience. A ton of people start in this hobby, spend a bunch of money, and then either upgrade or quit for various reasons.

Goggles like HDOs and Skyzone 04x have HDMI inputs which means you could upgrade from analog to HDZERO eventually. Though a lot of people have had the HDMI ports fail on the HDO2 goggles, so again the 04X seem like a better choice.

Long response, but hopefully helpful. Cheers!
@GiantAntCowboy

Thanks man. I really appreciate... It's all really valuable info right there.
Also, thanks for the Craiglist heads-up.

I have another question... What do you think of this same setup if I get a

DJI FPV Goggles V2 instead of the

Fat Shark Dominator HDO 2 FPV Goggles or instead of the Skyzone 04x?​

I have been researching... And I figured out the PAVO 25 also comes with an HD digital Vtx option...

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy
I got into hobby with a NewBee Drone kit. Then from there went eachine novice 3 ( never buy eachine stuff again) then Arris 5" they came pre-bound to remote so all I needed was goggles. The last baby in my stable is my dji FPV , be careful this one she flies great but not that durable.

@GiantAntCowboy

Thanks man. I really appreciate... It's all really valuable info right there.
Also, thanks for the Craiglist heads-up.

I have another question... What do you think of this same setup if I get a

DJI FPV Goggles V2 instead of the

Fat Shark Dominator HDO 2 FPV Goggles or instead of the Skyzone 04x?​

I have been researching... And I figured out the PAVO 25 also comes with an HD digital Vtx option...
People who fly DJI really seem to like it, I went from Analog to HDZero.

DJI is however a closed system with limited OSD options, but it's got great image and generally performs really well.
As for the FPV quad, I think you're specifically referring to, it seems nice, and easier way to start in the hobby, but not that durable as mentioned above, and not easily fixable.

My custom-built 7" long-range quad last week fell like 60m+ (200ft) down into the forest, (user error...), when I found the quad it was in 100% perfect condition! Crazy!

That wouldn't happen with a drone made of plastic bits.

Pros and Cons for everything, you'll have fun and spend a ton of money either-way! You'll be over $2k in 6 months... lol

Reactions: okw
Hello to everyone, my name is Nicolas and i'm so inspired by FPV cinematic videos and its production. I would like to start my FPV career but i haven't free money for starting it. The reason is that I leaved my country because of the current situaion there, and I decided to build my life in a new maneer (including by trying FPV too).

That's why I would like to ask you to donate any amount of money, no matter how much (couple of dollars).

PayPal : Donate to Николай Пустовой

I'm sure that I'll do the FPV videos sometime, but it's up to you when exactly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Only just bought rtf kit atomrc seagull and i can’t bind it whatever i do the light just stays blue i press bind then power a quad the light just stay blue any suggestions what i do wrong ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232