Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problem Binding the Mobula 7 to QX7

Zafflemeister

Reaction score
I have been struggling to get my quad into the air and think that here might be a good place to get some advice.

I recently received the Mobula 7 quad. It has the XM+ receiver module which I believe uses the EU LBT firmware.

I therefore flashed the this firmware onto the OS of the QX7 (it originally had the international firmware) : firmware_x7_lbt_en_200617.bin
I also flashed the internal XJT module of the QX7 with: XJT_ACCST_2.1.0_LBT.frk

I turned the quad on while holding down the bind button and the red and green LEDs turn on constantly.

The problem comes when I select the "Bnd" on the D16 mode on the transmitter and nothing seems to happen.

I have tried changing the OpenTX settings to allow for D8 but that did not work either and I don't think the receiver is compatible with D8.

I have been trying to fix it for hours now but to no avail, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi @HighTechPauper

Thank you for the reply. No, I have still not been able to bind to the quad.

One other thing I tried was to change the receiver settings in Betaflight to Taranis_X however it just switched back to SBUS when I saved and rebooted. In the instructions it says to use SBUS but maybe that is the problem?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I think your problems are to do with the rev of firmware in you radios Internal XJT module and the receiver (XM+), it should definitely be in SBUS in BF since the other X and D modes are for built in SPI receivers and NOT the XM+. You should also definitely be trying to bind in D16 mode. There is a good chance that the radio has rev 2 and the receiver has rev 1 and that is likely where your problem is.

Lets get the basics out of the way...
Look in the lower right corner of the radio display and see if it says ACCESS or ACCST and let me know.
Try to look on the box that the Mob7 came in to try and determine if it is a EU/LBT or FCC (also known as International version).

When the radio and receiver bind there is no real indication (like a noise or even an LED change) that is likely to be noticed, it is all about what the receiver does once you take the radio out of bind mode and replug the battery into the quad (no USB connection should be used during this part), if you have a solid red LED it is likely saying that the RX and radio XJT have non-compatible revs in them.

Check this out and let me know what you see, try not to over think it, just give the basic results of what you see when the radio is OUT of bind mode and the quad gets plugged in.

Please remember that the XM+ is known to lose connection (even if it IS INDEED bound) if the radio and quad are too close together, try to have at least 6 feet (2 meters) between the quad and the radio at all times to get accurate results.

Thank you so much!

I flashed the history version of the XJT firmware, stood back, and it connected right away!

The radio is ACCST and everything is on the EU/LBT version.

Tomorrow I will set the rest of it up and then hopefully begin flying, thanks again for the quick replies and advice!

Thank you so much!

I flashed the history version of the XJT firmware, stood back, and it connected right away!

The radio is ACCST and everything is on the EU/LBT version.

Tomorrow I will set the rest of it up and then hopefully begin flying, thanks again for the quick replies and advice!
You're more than welcome, glad I could help, good luck with the setup!

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax