Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Difficulty arming 1st quadcopter build

BTLABS

Reaction score
Using Flysky's AFHDS 2A protocol with older Flysky FS-i6 and new Flysky X6B i-Bus, PPM, PWM receiver set up for PPM. Receiver bound. The receiver controls are operational under Betaflight 3.0.1. Escs are calibrated. Channel 5 is mapped to AUX 1 for arming. Under Betaflight, I can see switching of arm, however, the quadcopter does not arm when I switch AUX 1 on transmitter (mapped to CH5). I am thinking that I have an issue with throttle settings.

Betaflight settings: Min Throttle 1042 (10 above esc calibration where all motors spun). Max Throttle command is 2000 and min throttle command is 1000. I have a throttle width of 1000. Is this too much for transmitter?

CPU load appears to be OK.Using Naze 32 Rev 5 controller with Gyro Update at 2 kHz and PID loop at 1kHz. With accelerometer on,CPU load is 24%.

Symptoms: with battery attached, all 4 motor twitch very slowly regardless of throttle settings and arm switch. I need help debugging arming and twitching motors.

Thanks for help

Not sure about flysky but I'm assuming you still have to set up your aux channel in the tx if you haven't already. Next check your solder connections. Also did you build this yourself? Your Fc might be mounted to tight you might have to soft mount it. Check for solder beads on the boards.

Did you try arming with the default stick command? Un-program the arm switch, see if it will arm with stick command: zero throttle, yaw right for 2 seconds.

In Raceflight (using a switch for ARM), you have to flip the switch 2 times within a reasonable amount of time to get the logic to accept the command.

Not sure about flysky but I'm assuming you still have to set up your aux channel in the tx if you haven't already. Next check your solder connections. Also did you build this yourself? Your Fc might be mounted to tight you might have to soft mount it. Check for solder beads on the boards.
Thank you. Will recheck solder connections.I direct soldered allco

Using Flysky's AFHDS 2A protocol with older Flysky FS-i6 and new Flysky X6B i-Bus, PPM, PWM receiver set up for PPM. Receiver bound. The receiver controls are operational under Betaflight 3.0.1. Escs are calibrated. Channel 5 is mapped to AUX 1 for arming. Under Betaflight, I can see switching of arm, however, the quadcopter does not arm when I switch AUX 1 on transmitter (mapped to CH5). I am thinking that I have an issue with throttle settings.

Betaflight settings: Min Throttle 1042 (10 above esc calibration where all motors spun). Max Throttle command is 2000 and min throttle command is 1000. I have a throttle width of 1000. Is this too much for transmitter?

CPU load appears to be OK.Using Naze 32 Rev 5 controller with Gyro Update at 2 kHz and PID loop at 1kHz. With accelerometer on,CPU load is 24%.

Symptoms: with battery attached, all 4 motor twitch very slowly regardless of throttle settings and arm switch. I need help debugging arming and twitching motors.

Thanks for help

Will check solder connections again with meter. Everything is direct wired to save space and reduce possibility of disconnection. I will try soft mounting with o-rings. I assume you are referring to motors twitching.

The receiver controls are operational under Betaflight 3.0.1. Escs are calibrated.
Thanks for help

Will the individual motors spin-up using the software?

BT,

Just for the heck of it, make sure the "minimum command" is a number below the number that is set for "minimum throttle" in Betaflight.

Jerry
Jerry,

This might be my problem. I will check this. I have been reviewing Josh Bardwell videos on this issue and think this may be my problem. Also, I have noticed that others using Flysky have reduce the resolution of the sticks from 1000 (2000-1000) to 800 (1900-1100). I am not sure why this was done unless the endpoints on transmitters are not a full 1024 spacing.

Thank you,

John

Yes. Motors spin up fine in Betaflight. I calibrated escs.

Suggest overwriting your current model set-up in the transmitter. Set to "New Model" and start over again. ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax