Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Heading out to fly...testing some new butter cutters. Will report back results concerning crusader GT 200.

Peace
Keith

Did not fly today... just to windy, and the large park was filled with people.

Keith

I hope to learn whether the pololu I just installed on my Predator X cleans up the video noise at high throttle. Charging two packs now. Gotta love these little 450mAh 3S packs that charge at 5C!

I am almost afraid to ask whether or not you may have soft mounted your motorstop and bottom....i have read a lot about the effectiveness of this process to remove video noise and even fc glitches....with great respect

Keith

Not really, just motor protectors on the bottom. I think the issue is the electrical noise from the motors but I will see what I can do to soft mount the motors. My FC and ESC are soft mounted.

Hey green,
You can get them on amazon....(TPU) SOFT MOUNTS FOR MOTORS...14MM,22MM,23,MM SIZES....GOOD PRODUCT ...CHEAP

Keith

Nice flying, Keith! Looks like you're getting the flying side of this down a lot quicker than I am.

Jerry

Green,

A lot of guys seem to be putting caps on each ESC because of this. They're saying it's better than a single cap at the Lipo. Don't know if it's worth it but I've been reading a lot of posts about it on the BF F3 board on RCG. Just thought I'd share.

Jerry

Edit: Oh...and I broke the custom frame on my favorite bird, X-Ray, yesterday!

IMG_5330.JPG

Boy I guess you did....why is that bird your favorite? Seriously.

Keith

If i can ask what is the full name of the bird that you broke the frame on..?(X-ray)

Keith

Hey guys, hopefully i will get a chance to fly today with the butter cutters..i have several other prop styles and manufacturers coming this week...i will give my basic reveiw of each....

Peace
Keith

Hey virtue,
Was it you that updated your esc's with the latest BHELI
VERSION?

PS WOULD LOVE TO SEE PHOTOS OF YOUR BIRD!!!
Keith

Green,

A lot of guys seem to be putting caps on each ESC because of this. They're saying it's better than a single cap at the Lipo. Don't know if it's worth it but I've been reading a lot of posts about it on the BF F3 board on RCG. Just thought I'd share.

Jerry

Edit: Oh...and I broke the custom frame on my favorite bird, X-Ray, yesterday!

View attachment 719

Oh noes! Do you still have the backup frame?

Turns out I busted more than my camera antenna yesterday. I think I may have broken the FC but still need to diagnose more.

Keith,

It was my best flying, most compact, completely custom bird. My second complete build with hand picked components. Time to rebuild!

Jerry

IMG_7527.JPG IMG_5267.JPG IMG_5271.JPG IMG_5275.JPG

20170508_071411.jpg @Keith, not sure but I'm running the newest version, very easy to flash with raceflight 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007